CHAPTER 6

ADITI'S POV

I stared into his eyes, so did he.

I couldn't stare long time, I quickly averted my eyes.

"Aditi, I want to talk to you." He said.

I nodded signalling him to resume.

"First of all, we will do dinner then we will talk." He said.

"Give me, ten minutes." He added and made his way to his room.

I made the dining table ready till the time. He came. I refused to sit with him.

"Sit here and eat." He said sternly holding me by my shoulder.

We ate silently.

"I- I have to w-wash the plates." I said and turned to leave when he caught my arm.

"Nothing will happen, if you do not do that." He whispered enough me to hear.

"B-but-" he cuts me off.

"Come." He said holding my hand and dragged me to the room they've given me here.

He closed and locked the door and sat on the bed.

"Sit."

"I'm fine here."

"I said sit!" He said raising his voice a little, I quickly sat on the bed maintaining a little distance between us.

I stared at my lap.

"Aditi, what happened between us was fate. We can't change it. But listen, I don't think it will work."

I looked at him.

"Yes, because I told you earlier I'm engaged to someone else. My dad choose her for me. I can never deny him. I never did that."

I nodded fiddling the hem of my scarf.

"Nobody knows that we are married, so don't think about it. I'll help you to study further and get your life settled." He said.

I just nodded my head.

"You've anything to say?" He asked.

I shook my head.

"Okay then." He stood up so did I.

He went to his room.

I closed the door and stood infront of the mirror wiping the tears which is flowing without my consent.

So I'm all alone? Nobody is with me? What a fate you've given me god?

I always try not disappoint my parents. I hope it worked in those years but I gave them a big disappointment. I insulted them. I'm not a good daughter.

Why this is so messed up? Why this happened to me??

It won't work out between us! How can he say that?

Did we live like that? How can he suddenly say that?

My life settled? How can he say that? Settling like? I mean, what did he actually meant by that?

Call me oldie, I don't care. But for me, he's my husband whether he accept it or not. He interested in me or not. He made me wear the Mangalsutra. It is still in my neck. I never removed it and won't remove in the future whatever happens.

I know he's engaged with someone else, but he's my husband now.

I wiped the overflowing tears in my cheeks.

Why is it hurting so much? Why??

I miss my Ishu very much.

Papa mama.