Hisoka and a Baby (Hisoka POV)

I was thinking about the new fruits I found at Heaven's Arena when I heard a knock at the door.

I believe Mr. Leader-san is here. I wonder what he's here for. I didn't realize he was going to be here. I thought he was out in Meteor City.

I opened the door and saw leader-san holding a small child who looked as if it was a year old.

"Hisoka, I have a favor to ask of you." he said in a tone that meant, 'do this or else.'

"Hai, leader-san. What would you like me to do?" I replied

"I would like you to take care of this child until she is old enough to join the Spiders." he said. "Her name is Angel. She is one year old as of today. I would like you to consider this as a test. To prove your loyalty to me and the rest of the spider."

I thought about it for a minute. The child seemed powerful and Leader-san still isn't ripe enough to fight. "Hai, leader-san. I'll take care of the little fruit. I promise I won't hurt her. She's not ripe enough yet."

Leader-san paused for a second and thought about it. "Here," he said, handing me the child. "She better be alive when I see you next. I want you to bring her to the next meeting I call you for. I will contact you about when I feel she will be ready. Keep your eyes open and make sure no harm comes to the child."

Then he vanished.

Of course. That is somewhat his signature. It would be quite disappointing if he just ran away. Then again. I was always one for dramatics.

I looked down at the baby, Angel. She was very cute. Her eyes started to open and stared up at me.

"Onii-chan" she gurgled.

She didn't look like she was even a year old. I wonder where leader-san found her.  He obviously knows nothing about children. He probably gave her to me because he didn't know what to do with her.

I sighed. Oh well. It can't be too hard taking care of a child. I mean. Illumi did it when he was 18. I think. I should be able to too. Or I could just dump her on Illumi from time to time. He won't mind. I think.

"Come on little angel. I have to find out where I'm going to keep you. I can't have you dying on me. No that would be bad." I told the little baby while laughing like a maniac because who doesn't love laughing maniacally.