Yummy Yummy In My Tummy

I looked up to see the gates open. Excited, I jumped up and pulled Gon and Killua with me to see what was happening.

"Welcome to Phase 2 of the Hunter Exam." said a lady with cool hair tied in five pony tails. "I am Menchi and this is Buhara." then she pointed to the big guy behind her. "We are Gourmet Hunters! Today you will be cooking two meals. One for me and one for Buhara."

Then somebody burst out laughing. "Gourmet Hunters! What a joke. I mean, who needs cooking anyways."

I immediately glared at them. After everyone in the spiders found out I was an amazing cook they made me make all their meals. When I wasn't there everyone missed the amazing cooking so they all learnt how to cook better on their own. All most of them could do was put meat over a fire, so upsetting, and with this person insulting cooking, I want to kill and by the looks of it so did Menchi.

Menchi clenched her jaw before relaxing it again and saying, "In the first round you will cook for Buhara. What is it that you would like?"

"You have to make a meal with pork. You can find pork in the forest. Cook it, and I will eat it and tell you weather or not you pass." Buhara says standing up then he sits back down. "You may go!"

I pulled Killua and Gon with me to go and grab the pigs.

"Where would we find pigs in this forest." Gon asked. "It shouldn't be too hard."

"Eh! I'm not great at cooking. I hope I pass this. I want to get to the more interesting stuff." Killua said.

"Maybe we should split up so we can cover more ground?" I tell them.

They nodded at we all went in opposite directions. Eventually I came to a cliff where I saw them. SO MANY PIGS. OMG! There's one that looks like Hawk-san!

"HAWK-CHAN!" I yelled as I ran up and hugged one of the pig/boars.

Then I hugged it too hard and the skull cracked. Oopsie! Ah well. I guess I'll have to use it for cooking. I pulled it along while pouting about how I wouldn't be able to have a pet pig.

Once I was back at the cooking station I was assigned I got to work. Once I made sure all of the bones where out I cut the meat into even slices. I looked around to see what types of spices and seasoning they gave us to work with. To my surprise, I only found some soy sauce and hot sauce which, unless combined perfectly, don't work together. I guess I'll have to go look for some. After getting Hiso-nii to hide my pig with some of his texture surprise I went to go search for spices.

When I was looking through the forest I found this amazing herb garden. I decided to take a little bit of everything and go back to my station. I cut up a bit of garlic and oregano then put them and the meat in to soak in a bowl of soy sauce. Then I make some fried rice and vegetables to put with it. Then I stop and eat some of my rice while the meat cooks.

I hope that Menchi-chan likes it. Usually everyone likes my cooking. At least, that's what onii-chan and the others tell me. It's sad to think that I can cook better than a bunch of killers.

I hummed the tune from jeopardy as I walked up to Menchi and Buhara. I watched as Buhara's face lit up in delight and Menchi's lips made a little curve at seeing something new and interesting. Buhara gave a yes and I walked back to my station to prepare for the next round. By the time Buhara declared himself through, only 20 people had failed.

Then Menchi announced the second stage. "Buhara is full. Now it's my turn. You shall prepare, SUSHI!"

SUSHI! I LOVE SUSHI. EVER SINCE I WENT TO THE AZSIAN CONTINENT AND LEARNT ABOUT IT IT HAS BEEN MY ALL TIME FAVORITE MEAL! OMG SUSHI!!!!!

I ran out of there like a hot tamale after I put the rice on and found a bird to use Nen on to make it get me some salt water fish. I waited a while in the tree for the bird to return to me when I heard a stampede. Someone probably told everyone what sushi is.

I saw the bird in the sky and waited for it to land before I got the fish from it. I ran back to the testing area and started on my dish. The rice was almost finished so I cut up the fish before pulling it out and forming it into a glob. Then I added the seaweed to it before chopping up some Azsian cucumber, Daikon radish, and Shiso leaves. Then I added the fish and the vegetables before rolling it into a roll and cutting it. After eating a few leftover pieces I masterfully organized it on the plate to make it pretty and added a little glob of wasabi and ginger with soy sauce in a small dish.

I brought my masterpiece to Menchi and waited for her to try it.

"Well, this actually looks like it is sushi." she mumbled before picking up her chopsticks and adding some soy sauce and wasabi. She put the piece of sushi into her mouth and her eyes widened.

"Nani! This is amazing. Where did you learn how to make sushi? I haven't had sushi like this since my tutorship under Gendai-sensei." She said shocked. "You pass!"

"Thank you Miss Menchi. I learnt from Gendai-sensei too!  He's amazing." I told her before bowing and going to find Hiso-nii to see what he was up to.

"Ne, Hiso-nii " I said once I found him and Illu-nii standing in a corner watching. "Why arn't you participating?"

"My sweet Angel. You're the only one who has passed this round and I believe you will be the only one to pass this round. Most likely the chairman will step in and say that more than one person has to pass." Hiso-nii explained.

"Ohhhhhh. That makes sense I guess." I said. "So you guys are just waiting for the chairman to show up? What if he doesn't show up and only I get the Hunter's license? Should I just say that I don't want to pass if none of my friends pass? Do you think that would work? Or should I just accept it? I don't know what to do!!!"

Suddenly I heard a big bang and I turned around. I could feel that he had a powerful Aura even though he was hiding it. I pulled my guard up. This must be the Hunter's Association Chairman Isaaac Netero. Onii-san told me to be careful around him. He's surprisingly powerful despite his grandfatherly looks. Maybe Hiso-nii was right when he said that there would be a redo on this phase. 

"Menchi? I see that you only passed one candidate. Now you told them that it is their reluctance to try new things. Is that true?" he said.   

 "No sir. I lost my cool when on of the candidates insulted gourmet hunters." Menchi replied. "I decided to make the exam harder than necessary."

"So you realize this Exam is unacceptable." 

"Yes sir. When cooking is involved, I lose control. I'm unqualified to be an examiner. I will resign as examiner, so please redo the second phase."

"But it would be difficult to find another examiner on such short notice so how about you redo the second phase, and participate in it yourself, so everyone has a chance to pass."

Menchi nodded, "Then the next phase will be boiled eggs, that is, if you don't mind taking us to Mt. Split-in-Half."

So, that means Hiso-nii and everyone has a chance to pass! YAAY!