WITHOUT YOU

FELIX'S POV

we walked down the stairs. we were silent, but it wasn't awkward. when we reached the exit, he finally spoke.

"Promise me you won't do anything stupid."

"I won't." I reassured him

he then smiled at me.

"Felix, I want you to promise me something" he said

"What?" I asked him

"If you ever feel like....this......, or you just want to talk with somebody, come to this rooftop at exactly this time. I will be waiting for you." he told me

My heart melted. I felt like I finally found someone who cares about me just a little. It made me so happy, I felt appreciated.

"I promise." I told him

We looked at each other for the last time. The look lasted minutes, but then, we both went to our separate ways.

My happiness faded when my parents told me that we were moving to another city, so we could be closer to Minhos college. My heart instantly sank when I found out we're moving really early in the morning and I should go and pack my stuff now.
I will never see that rooftop boy again, I will never say goodbye to him. If I knew that, I would hug him at the rooftop tighter.

I packed with tears in my eyes. I didn't want to move, but it was useless for me to fight.

Early in the morning we put our things into a van. We weren't exactly rich, so we didn't have that much stuff. I looked out of the window. We were passing by the building, the building I almost jumped of. I just closed my eyes, tears started silently falling.

HYUNJIN'S POV

I came to the rooftop. I looked around, but Felix wasn't there. I just sat on the floor, took my block and started drawing. I really loved art. It was getting really late and cold, so I just decided to leave

Maybe he is feeling better now

I was coming to the rooftop every single day, waiting for him, but he never showed up. I went there when it was raining, when it was snowing, even when I was sick, but he never showed up. I took my block and started drawing him. I drew his head, his hair and his upper body. I left the face blank. I remembered he was talking about his freckles, so I drew them.

Two years passed and I stopped waiting for him.

I sometimes went to the rooftop, still kind of hoping he will show up, but I lost hope. I've graduated and became an artist. People liked the way my paintings looked. I was drawing people, but exactly the way I saw them. Their face was blurry, just like someone swiped it of off the painting when it was drying. No one knew the real story behind it tho.

I loved to paint in my atelier, but painting on that rooftop was something that I always loved, even tho I wasn't painting there that much.
Today was really nice weather, so I've decided to go to that rooftop again. I wasn't there in a while to be honest and I missed it.

I started my car and went to that building. I took all the things I needed and went to that rooftop, but when I reached the top and opened the door, I've noticed someone else was already there. I didn't recognize that person, no one I knew had this haircut. The person heard the door open and looked at my direction.
"Oh sorry, I didn't mean to disturb you.." I said, but as I was leaving, I heard the person's voice

"Hyunjin..?"

I would recognize this voice everywhere. I was so shocked i almost dropped all my things. I was never so sure about something for a long time. I knew exactly who this person was, but still, I had to be 100% sure.

"....Felix?"