ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ

Donnie sat in his room as usual working on tech, awaiting his new lab partner. He didn't know why, but he enjoyed their company. Maybe it was because two geniuses think alike? Most times he hated people in his lab while he worked, but having someone at a similar mentality was really nice.

A knock echoed throughout Donnie's room and Donnie opened the door.

"Y/n you have arrived!- Oh hello April? I should've known it wasn't Y/n, the knocking didn't sound like a crazed serial killer was trying to get in.", Donnie smirked, and April laughed.

"How may I assist you, April? Is it about Y/n? Are they going to be late? Or are they not coming?-", Donnie questioned April.

"Chill Donnie! No! I just came over to hang out and decided to visit my favorite purple mutant turtle before him and his new best friend hang out all day.", April smirked.

"Aren't I the only purple mutant turtle you know?? Never mind that. Me and Y/n aren't simply 'hanging out', April. We are going to be working on the coding of some high-quality tech. We also aren't on the 'best friend' level yet. Only lab partners.", Donnie spoke, as he glanced at April, then continued working.

"Right.. you two seem to REALLY be getting along, huh?", April leaned on the turtles desk.

"I do not understand what you are implying?", Donnie raised a brow, pausing his work and turning to April.

"Oh it's nothing.. It's just that you guys are seeming to get real close real fastttt~", April attempted to tease her friend.

"Of course we are, two geniuses such as ourselves obviously would gravitate towards each other. They make a great assistant. And friend of course.", Donnie rested his head in his hand, as he leaned on his table.

"At this rate you guys might be more than friends..", April mumbled with a smirk, speaking to herself.

"I heard that and no, April. As much as I enjoy Y/n's company in the lab, that does not mean anything that you are implying.", Donnie squinted his eyes.

"Whattt? Implying what?? Pssh- I'm not implying anythingg..", April smirked, then looked at the snacks on the table and was about to grab them.

"Those are for Y/n-", Donnie spoke then got cut off. 

"Nice! Snacks for me?!", Y/n exclaimed as they dropped a duffle bag full of tech and tools they brought, making the two jump.

Y/n ran up to the bag of (favorite chips or other snack if you don't like chips) and opened them immediately. They offered April some as she nervously smiled.

"How- Uh- how much of that conversation did you hear?..", Donnie asked nervously, glaring at an also nervous April.

"Mmm? Oh, only the something about April not implying anything? I dunno, I just saw snacks and zoned out.", Y/n spoke as they munched on the snack.

Donnie and April sighed in relief. 

"Well, you two have fun, I'm gonna go!~", April grinned, grabbing and handful out of the bag in Y/n's hand, and running out.

The two sat in silence, well almost silence besides Y/n's chewing. Donnie nervously looked at Y/n as the anxiety of the thought that they're lying about not hearing swarmed his mind.

Y/n then sat down in the chair Donnie set up for them.

"Sooo, what are we working on?", Y/n smiled at the turtle.

"Oh- uh right. Just some coding for future tech. Also, speaking of coding, I'm going to make some modifications to my doors, so you aren't banging on them all the time. The camera will scan your face and let me know, in a not heart-attack inducing, way.", Donnie smiled at Y/n.

"Awe man, I liked scaring the shit out of you..", Y/n chuckled.

"Ha ha. I know you did.", Donnie spoke in a monotone voice.

Y/n glanced at the screen as Donnie explained the use of the tech, and how it functions, as well as other details.

Y/n watched the turtle work, and made small comments, then started working on their own assigned job.

"So.. favorite drink?..", Y/n asked.

"What?", Donnie paused, looking at Y/n.

"What? Just trying to get to know the idiot I guess I'll be spending time with every day.", Y/n shrugged, as they worked.

"I'm pretty sure I'm smarter than you.", Donnie side-eyed the teen, then continued working.

"Hm. I'll let you think that.", Y/n smirked.

It was then silence yet again. Y/n thought this would be more interesting than day one, but apparently Donnie was not planning on messing around again.

"Flavorless juice.", Donnie spoke.

"What?", Y/n asked.

"You asked my favorite drink and-", Donnie was then cut off.

"No, no. I know what you meant, but what the fuck is flavorless juice? Water?", Y/n raised a brow.

"Scoff. No? How the hell do you not know what flavorless juice is?! I'd assume someone at you intellectual level would know!", Donnie asked.

"Then how the hell is it juice?! Juice has flavor. If it has no flavor, then what the hell is it? How do you make flavorless juice?", Y/n asked, flabbergasted.

"Shelldon! Bring me and Y/n flavorless juice please, they NEED to know what it is since they are CLEARLY uneducated.", Donnie glared at Y/n as they rolled their eyes.

"Whatever... I'll get your 001100 flavorless juice...", Shelldon mumbled, zooming past the two. Y/n gasped at the awesome tech going by them.

"Watch that language, young man!", Donnie yelled as Y/n cackled, earning a glare from him.

Shelldon soon came back in annoyance.

"Wow aren't you the coolest thing!", Y/n exclaimed as they examined the robot hovering in front of them, as they grabbed the 'flavorless juice'.

"Thanks! See, why can't you appreciate me more, DAD?!", Shelldon glared.

"Wha- Scoff! You should be appreciating ME more! I made you!", Donnie glared back.

"Yeah, yeah, this stuff isn't going to kill me, right?", Y/n asked.

"Ha. Ha. Ha. Very funny. That was sarcasm. No, it isn't you idiot.", Donnie glared.

Y/n looked at their cup nervously, then hesitantly took a sip. They licked their lips then stared at Donnie in utter shock. Donnie smirked.

"This- This- THIS IS JUST FUCKING WATER DUDE.", Y/n looked at the turtle, baffled. 

"Are you KIDDING?! There's a CLEAR difference?!", Donnie spoke.

"Nothing you can do can convince me this isn't water. Knowing you, this is absolutely just a fancy term you use!", Y/n glared.

The two began to spend the rest of the day working while arguing over whether or not flavorless juice was water.