ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ

The next day rolled around and Y/n ran through the sewers. God, they hated this smelly shit-hole, but their favorite people- er mutants.. were down here.. so sacrifices were made...

Y/n sighed as the reached the lair, walking through their usual entrance. They made their way to Donnies room to hang out as planned.

Honestly, they were up all night thinking about the day before.. They really thought he was gonna... never mind.

They sighed, until they reached the lab doors and put on their usual silly grin. The doors opened for them and they knocked on the wall by the door as they entered.

"Aye Don! Your favorite genius is here!!!"~, Y/n sang out happily.

"Me? I am aware,", Donnie spoke as Y/n made their way to his desk. He hadn't look up from the mini project he was working on yet.

"Ha. Ha. Fine. Your OTHER favorite genius.", they playfully rolled their eyes. They then sat on their usual chair.

Donnie smiled at looked over at the teen who just sat next to him then paused. He thought he could handle looking at them but NOPE. NOPE. NOPE.

He quickly looked down as his heart raced. Maybe he could wait another day to confess.. pssh- wayyy too soon.

Actually, is ANY TIME the right time? Maybe he'll just hold it off till the day he-

"Donnie??"

Donnie shot up and hummed in response, his gaze not daring to look their way.

"You.. good?..", the teen nervously spoke.

"Fine- Fine! Why uh.. Why wouldn't I be??", Donnie nervously spoke. God, he's a mess. Why must they make him this way.

"You've been staring at your desk for like a whole minute now.. Is there something you want to talk about??", Y/n spoke in concern.

Yes.

"No."

Y/n gazed in concern for their dear friend.

"Let's uh.. I've got some blueprints to work on. This paper has the concept, you can help with ideas if you'd like.", Donnie slid a paper between the two as he remained nervous and unfocused. Strange.

Y/n simply nodded and grabbed a pencil and blueprint paper. Donnie and Y/n got to work.

Donnie kept messing up and getting distracted by the little voice in his head screaming "just do it already".

(literally the readers on here LMAO)

He wrote, crumbled his paper, tossed it in the trash, repeat. Over and over until..

SNAP!!

Donnie froze. He looked down at his broken pencil and scowled at it. He then slammed his head on the table making Y/n jolt up.

They quickly hovered their hand above his shoulder.

"Donnie?! What the hell was that! Are you okay?!", Y/n shouted in concern and slight fear for his wellbeing.

"No!!", Donnie shot up making Y/n quickly lean back in surprise.

"I'm not okay! Everything is BAD. Bad. Bad. Bad.", Donnie brought a fist to his forehead.

Y/n grabbed it then brought it down in panic. They then froze and jolted their hand back.

"Sorry I- Dude, what's going on. Please. I want to help in any way I can. Did I do-"

"No, no. It's not you- I mean- No." Donnie sighed in defeat, "Can I tell you something?"

Donnie weakly looked up at a wide-eyed Y/n.

"Of.. Of course..", they quietly breathed out.

"Recently I've felt off. My stomach has that icky feeling like when I get trapped in a hug.. my palms feel sweaty.. my heart feels like it's going to leap out of my chest, figuratively of course.. and I just can't stop thinking about the person who is the cause of it all..", Donnie shoved his face into his palms.

Y/n's heart raced, but they decided not to jump to conclusions just yet, "Donnie.. I think you have romantic feelings for someone.."

...

"I know. And that's the worst part.", Donnie set his hands in his lap as he glared down at them.

The teen felt their heart drop.

"Why? I mean, if you don't mind me asking..", The teen tilted their head.

"Because the probability of them actually feeling the same is low. I mean have you seen me?", Donnie looked over at them obviously pained.

He seemed startled to see an angry expression on Y/n.

"Donnie, what do you mean! I'm not trying to insult your intelligence, but what you said was probably the stupidest thing I have ever heard. What's even stupider is the thought that someone WOULDN'T feel the same about someone like you.", Y/n crossed their arms, not even caring about the confession they made.

Donnie's eyes widened.

"Okay... hypothetically speaking. What if that person was you?", Donnie looked away as Y/n paused.

"Is it.. me?..", Y/n looked around the room nervously as they fidgeted with their fingers.

"..."

Realizing they got no response they sighed and decided to just answer honestly anyway. After all, they have always liked taking some risks.

"Yes, I would feel the same.", Y/n spoke.

Donnie froze. He could pass away right then and there with how unhealthy the speed of his heart beats were. Did they just..

He slowly turned around to see Y/n staring at him with what appeared to be full confidence (they are dying inside).

...

"The regret is sinking in.", Y/n mumbled as they now held an anxious expression. He just sat there.. staring..

"Wait no- Sorry it's just.. I.. you.. I didn't expect you to feel the same.", Donnie confessed.

Y/n took a moment to process what they just heard, then grinned.

"I want to give you the biggest hug right now."

Donnie stretched out his arms, "I'd love if you did that."

Y/n grinned and leaped onto him, tackling him into a hug. He slowly wrapped his arms around them.

"Man, I love ya Don.", The teen sighed.

"Really?", Donnie smiled as he looked down at them. He wasn't expecting to hear that so soon, but he wasn't complaining. He felt the exact same.

"Really really.", Y/n grinned up at him.

And for some reason, he didn't know why. He had the urge to give them a peck on the tip of their nose. So he did..

-

A/n: THERE YA GO GUYS ITS FINALLY HERE. I HOPE YALL ENJOYED. SORRY IF THE PACING IS WONKY I CANNOT WRITE CONFESSIONS TOO WELL <333

ALSO, FOR MY NEXT FIC ONCE THIS ENDS, I WAS THINKING OF A RAMSHACKLE STONE X READER, WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK???