ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ

-

Y/n sighed, feeling the breeze on their skin, it was a bit chilly today so their face and fingers burned a bit.

Donnie had called them over to the lair to work on some tech, which they obviously couldn't refuse. Though strangely enough, that feeling in their stomach kept coming back.

Every time he'd text they'd begin to feel giddy inside as their heart stopped for a second. They decided to add his contact to the list of things that could bypass Do Not Disturb, which this luxury wasn't even given to their parent(s)/guardian(s), and a small select of other things.

They always wanted to text him back, always as soon as possible. They couldn't wait to see him in the lab every week, and they happily walked to see him today.

You slid down the ladder in the manhole happily. You hummed to yourself as you carefully walked through the sewers, making sure not to step in shit on the way there.

You walked through the lair, saying your semi-rushed hello's to the gang and dashed to Donnie's door. The detection device scanned your face and you were let in.

"Donnieeeeeeeee~", you sang in the most annoying voice you could possibly do. But to Donnie, it was like the angelic calls of the pearly gates.

"Yes dear- dear Y/n! Y/n. Yes. Yes?", Donnie caught himself in his slip-up in words and nervously turned towards Y/n in his chair.

"And how is my favorite mutant??", Y/n grinned.

"Perfect." 'Now that you're here' the turtle thought then continued, "And you, my annoying assistant?"

"Great and ready to work on todays tech!", Y/n threw their arms up, the adrenaline pumping in their veins ready to be an amazing inventor (as usual).

"Perfect. Today it's just a simple tweaking in my gauntlet, wanted to make some upgrades then maybe we could.. just hang out?", Donnie smiled tilting his head.

"I'd love that.", Y/n smiled back, sitting in their office chair prepared to make themselves dizzy with all the spinning and office chair shenanigans they're about to get themself into.

-

The two began to get to work, though it was mainly Donnie working, and Y/n just watching over to give their input and correct any potential issues. Though Y/n do so good at their job today. 

'Stop staring idiot!', Y/n mentally screamed at themself. They could help but continuously glance at his face every few seconds. Sometimes he'd catch them and they'd make an excuse. He can never know.

They did begin to notice whenever they called for him or needed anything he'd be there in a scary quick amount of time. Like so fast you'd think he teleported. He also called them "Dear" or "Dear Y/n" quite a bit. Odd..

They narrowed their eyes in suspicion but didn't mention it to him. The two continued to go back and forth until something popped up on Y/n's  phone.

"No way..", Y/n gasped.

"What? What?!", Donnie stopped, looking over in anticipation.

Y/n shoved their phone close to Donnie's face.

"JUPITER JIM CONVENTION — SATURDAY-SUNDAY — NEW YORK — MORE DETAILS BELOW!!"

"WHAT!!", Donnie shouted and Y/n squealed. 

"I knew you'd freak out! We HAVE to go!! You guys don't even need disguises, everyone wears costumes to these things!! Oooo I HAVE to go as Atomic Lass!!", Y/n grinned. (Also no, the gender neutral-ness isn't leaving, anyone can cosplay any gender, but if that does make you uncomfortable you can imagine suggesting cosplaying someone else if you'd like.)

Donnie blushed at the thought and stared at Y/n with wide eyes. 

"What?", they asked.

"Nothing.", Donnie looked away.

"You guys are in.. right? You and your brothers can make it?? I'm definitely going and dragging April along with me!", Y/n grinned. 

"UH YES?? IS THAT EVEN A QUESTION?? RHETORICALLY SPEAKING DONT ANSWER THAT THE ANSWER IS ALREADY YES FOR SURE!!!", Donnie grinned.

The two squealed at the thought as they shook their hands in excitement. 

"Totally going to both days!", Y/n shouted.

"Same!!", Donnie agreed.

The two began talking about it for the rest of the day.

-

-

A/N: HI AGAIN IDKY IVE BEEN HAVING SO MUCH MOTIVATION LATELY BUT YAYAYAYAYAY ALSO HERE IS ANOTHER QUICK DRAWING OF OUR LOVELY DUO

Y/n helps Donnie with his brows

Also reminder that Y/n is blank so you can imagine whatever you'd like them to look like :3 also your nails don't have to be black I just like drawing black nails xoxo

OKAY BYEEEE