ꜰᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ

A/n- I'm doing this on my phone today, so if the formatting is wonky I apologize!!

-

Ah.. the science fair. A place nerds call home. So of course when Y/n found out their school was hosting one, they just HAD to participate.

They managed to drag April along, since she was basically their only friend after the Purple Dragon's and Y/n split up.

Well, Jason and Y/n usually exchange secret waves and pass notes secretly in any classes they have together. Though they have to be pretty careful considering Kendra already hates him for being her step brother, so neither of them wanted her to hate him more so keeping the friendship secret would be for the best.

April scrolled on Instagram as Y/n sat by their booth answer's everyone's questions.

Y/n brought quite a few gadgets, just their smaller works, and they'd chuckle to themselves as students got amazed. It was really amateur-level tech in their opinion, it amused them seeing people so amazed.

The purple dragons had their own booth of course, and Y/n kept a watch out just in case any of them tried anything.

Y/n sighed sitting at their booth, working on a small gadget, while listening in on nearby conversations.

"Goddammit..", April mumbled, and Y/n perked up in their spot.

"What??", Y/n tilted their head in confusion.

"He can't be serious..", April groaned.

"Who? What?", Y/n asked, since they didn't get the answer before.

"Don't mind me fellow human students, just passing by!", a voice spoke, and Y/n'a head shot up quickly. HUH?? WAS THAT?!-

"Donnie?!", Y/n asked bamboozled and April nodded as a figure in a purple jacket walked over to their booth.

The two stared in silence as Donnie inspected the gadgets displayed.

"Hello April, Y/n, I expected you'd run a booth here. I'm glad you did, or else this fair would be boring. Too many elementary school level experiments and those goddamn baking soda and vinegar volcanos.. though, there are a few good projects here. Though you, and as much as I'd hate to say it, those purple dragons, are the only ones I'd deem as good.", Donnie spoke.

"Ahh! I wish I could look around with you but I can't.. the PD's might steal my precious babies..", Y/n sadly looked at their inventions.

"Whattt? Dude go on! I'll stay here and watch your stuff!", April smiled.

"Wait really?!", Y/n grinned.

"Yeah, go for it! Trust me you need a break! You've been answering questions all day!", April grinned.

"Thank you!!", Y/n pulled April in for a tight hug then ran up to Donnie. They were about to excitedly grab his hand to hold it and drag him off to God knows where, but paused last second.

"Can I hold your hand? I don't know if you're okay with that.", Y/n looked up at the mutant.

Donnie paused and he looked away he then slowly nodded. Y/n smiled, then grabbed his hand softly. They then saw something cool and dragged him off.

April sat at the booth in Y/n's spot, smiling. Y/n ran with Donnie going booth to booth. They criticized false information together, and bored the minds out of those at the booth by over explaining things.

"I don't get it! Why dedicate your time to a beautiful science fair, then get annoyed when discussing science?!", Donnie exclaimed.

"Meh they all want the 50 dollar gift-card prize. Only like 4 people here ACTUALLY care about the beauty of science.", Y/n shrugged.

Y/n then saw a booth about (insert science topic you like or a random one if you don't like science). Y/n gasped and dragged Donnie over, him almost face planting in the process.

"I LOVE (science topic) AAA!! THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE SCIENCE TOPICS!! YOU LIKE IT TOO??", Y/n leaned close to the kid scrolling on his phone behind the booth.

"It's cool I guess. I just want my giftcard man.", the kid shrugged.

Y/n then went on a rant about the topic. The kid eventually put some earbuds in so it was like talking to a wall. But Y/n was so excited they didn't even notice. Though someone was paying attention.

Donnie stared at Y/n silently in awe. His mouth went slightly agape as he felt his cheeks burning. Donnie put a hand to his face as he was washed in confusion.

And with a gasp for air, Y/n finally shut up. Donnie strongly wanted to hear their voice again. He liked their ranting. He liked their voice.

Y/n groaned, realizing the kid wasn't listening, but Donnie snapped out of his weird state and reassured them he loved listening to their rant. Y/n then grabbed the mutants hand and the two began to walk back to their booth as everyone began closing up their booths.

"Hey April!", Y/n waved with their free hand. April waved back then smirked at Donnie. Donnie raised a brow in confusion then watched as April's gaze went down..

Donnie looked at him and Y/n's hands and instantly pulled his back. Y/n glanced in confusion, but just shrugged as they began to put their things into the duffel bag they brought their things in. Donnie stared at Y/n as they worked, his gaze glued to them for some reason.

~

"Well, thanks for coming. It was great spending time with you both!", Y/n smiled as they held their duffel bag, the three stood behind the school's gym building, saying their goodbyes.

"Oh course dude! Anytime!", April grinned.

"Oh! Wait! You should come to the lair I have some tech we could work on!", Donnie spoke.

"Ah! I'd LOVE to, but I have homework so..", Y/n looked down scratching the back of their head. School was NOT showing them mercy. Though, the work would be pretty simple.

"I could come over and work with you?!", Donnie suggested. Why the hell did he want to more time with them so much, he asked himself. Weird.

"Maybe another day, my social battery is dead after today..", Y/n frowned. They weren't trying to be mean, but having people over would overwhelm them after such a social day.

They just want the peace from a quiet and alone environment as they work.

Donnie nodded, understanding how they felt. He assured them there was no worries and Y/n left.

April and Donnie began to walk to the lair. April then giggled, confusing Donnie.

"Why so sad?~", April teased Donnie.

"I'm not sad.", Donnie glanced at his friend.

"I know you Don. It's Y/n, isn't it~"

"Clearly it's the fun homework I'm missing out on.", Donnie crossed his arms.

"Mhm riggghhhttt..", April smirked. Donnie glared then looked at the store window they began to pass by.

Donnie's eyes slightly widened at the giant frown he didn't even realize he wore on his face. Donnie put a hand on his face as he glared at the ground in confusion.

Why does he feel so weird..