𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐏 𝟷

this book is unedited for now 😭

𝐎𝐌𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐓
STEP 𝟷 - 𝐌𝐄𝐄𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐌

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Kennedy sat in her dad's office chair scrolling through insta as she heard him outside the door arguing with an employee.

Kennedy's father owned his own car dealership and she came in some days to help him out which he was grateful for, she was also the only one who knew how to work the books.

"I'm going to the bathroom pa" She spoke walking out the door heading down the hall.

Kennedy scrunched her face up hearing noises coming from inside the private bathroom just as she was about to knock.

"I wouldn't go in there if i was you" Someone spoke behind her making her turn quickly.

She stopped in her tracks seeing a tall caramel guy with short curly hair. He wore a tight fitted black shirt and black jeans.

Kennedy looked him over once and there was no doubt in her mind that he was very attractive.

"Who's in there" she asked pointing to the door. "Why" he cocked his head to the side looking her over.

"I obviously have to use the bathroom" she mugged the taller boy. "Woah now, no need to get an attitude" he raised his hands in defense.

Just as she was about to answer with another snarky remark, The door opened and she turned around once again coming face to face with a hard chest.

She looked up this time seeing a brownskin boy with dreads. "Move so i can pee" she huffed.

The boy was about to move until she said that. He stood firm in his place looking down at her with a blank expression.

"Move please" she sighed and he finally moved out of the door way letting her step inside.

"rude ass" the brownskin mumbled to his friend only getting a laugh in return.
The two went back to the front to continue what they came for.

Kennedy turned her car off before getting out. She had finally left her dad's shop not too long ago and pulled up to wingstop to get something.

Walking in the doors a smile stretched across her face as she nodded smelling the food.

She got in line getting on her phone to pass the time before feeling a presence behind her.

Her face scrunched up smelling that same cologne from earlier making her spin around coming face to face with the Carmel skinned guy she met.

"You stalking me?" he asked playfully leaning his head to the side as she rolled her eyes. "Other way around" she spoke.

She was next in line and walked up ordering. She paid the worker before walking over to the side getting back on her phone.

As she's waiting the same guy walked up in front of her. "You wanna come sit with us?" he pointed to the table in the corner and she finally noticed the brownskin one staring at her.

She thought about it for a second before answering. "No"

"Why? you know youn got nun' better to do" he said as she thought about it for a second time. She actually didn't have anything to do and she honestly didn't wanna go home so soon.

"Ok fine" she frowned as he nodded. She saw her food was ready and she grabbed it going to the table.

She placed her food down sitting directly in front of the brownskin as the other guy waited for their food.

He was just staring at her not bothering to talk, making her a little uncomfortable. "What's your name?" she asked trying to start a conversation.

"Spooki" he said and she almost jumped back from how raspy his voice was but instead she composed herself.

"I'm not calling you that" she raised an eyebrow taking her food out of the bag. "I don't care" he shrugged honestly.

"Well anyway, I'm Kennedy" she offered him a small smile and he nodded slightly before the other boy walked up with two bags.

He placed one in front of Spooki before sitting down next to Kennedy. "What y'all talking about" he asked looking at his friend.

Spooki just shrugged not really in the mood for talking, which he never was.

"We were exchanging names, what's yours?" she asked eating a fry. "Cj" he turned his face to her smiling one.

"Oh wow, a normal name" she said side eyeing Spooki. Cj laughed catching on as Spooki raised an eyebrow at the girl.

"Not too much" he mumbled opening the bag containing his food.

"So you work at that dealership?" Cj asked and she nodded. "Kind of, my dad owns it and i'm just there to help out sometimes" she spoke looking down at her food.

"Did y'all end up buying a car?" she asked looking up at them. "Not yet, we were sorting out some paperwork" Cj said.

"Is there a reason your not talking" she asked looking at Spooki. Kennedy was the type of person to say what was on her mind regardless of the situation.

He looked up from his food to her before shaking his head continuing to eat. "But i'm the rude one" she mumbled thinking back to the incident at the dealership.

"Don't take it personal, sometimes i feel like i'm talking to myself" Cj joked knocking her shoulder as she nodded slightly.

END OF CHAPTER

AUTHOR NOTES

•Ik how they met was kinda fast paced but i honestly just wanted to get to the point.

•I promise the rest of the book isn't going to necessarily be that fast paced.

•But i want this book to be a coo 30 chapters, maybe less maybe more.

—NEIA ✰