𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐏 𝟸𝟺

𝐎𝐌𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐓
STEP 𝟸𝟺 - 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐌

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Should I add more?" Kennedy asked leaning over the pot as her mom chopped up some onions.

"Kennedy stop breathing over people food" Ashanti slightly laughed turning her eyes to her daughter.

"My bad" Kennedy mumbled backing up from the pot.

"Yeah add a little more salt, not too much"  Ashanti said finally answering Ken's question.

"We haven't made these in years" Ken smiled halfheartedly, remembering her childhood.

"He always loved mofongo" Ashanti let out a genuine laugh for the first time in a while.

Kennedy's dad was a born and raised Puerto Rican.  Her mother on the other hand, was fully African American.

When Ashanti and Francis first started their relationship, she was determined to make him happy. So she learned a few of his dishes.

"What did Dr.Marc say?" Kennedy asked as she moved over, allowing her mom to drop the diced onions and peppers in the pot.

"He said it would be best if we get him admitted into the hospital as soon as possible" Ashanti answered, stirring the pot.

After the argument, the mother and daughter duo had become more
cordial with each other.

"You sure you good?" Kennedy asked as she helped her dad out of her passenger seat.

"Girl move" he mugged snatching away from her, not liking her treating him like a baby.

"My bad" she laughed holding her hands up in defense has they started making their way to the entrance.

They walked up to the front desk, seeing the receptionist typing on her computer.

"Im here to admit Francis Diaz" Kennedy spoke up as the receptionist nodded writing something.

"We already have his room prepared, one sec" She smiled typing some more on her computer.

Kennedy didn't know what came over her, but she just had the strong feeling to turn around.

And when she did, she locked eyes with lani—who was siting next to a guy rubbing her stomach.

This guy was definitely not Antwone.

Kennedy wasn't all too shocked, her sister had always been the type to sleep around—she was more shocked about her lying about who the baby's father was.

Lani looked like she had seen a ghost. She knew Kennedy was close with Antwone and would most definitely tell him.

Kennedy just shook her head though, following the receptionist into the back room with her dad on her arm.

"Visiting hours are from 9am to 9pm, I promise we'll take good care of him" She smiled before leaving the room just as a nurse came in.