𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐏 𝟻

𝐎𝐌𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐓
STEP 𝟻 - 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐌

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"You really still mad?" Judah mugged Kennedy as she sat on the farthest end of the couch.

She just looked up at him before looking back down at her phone.

"My dad needs me, can you drop me off Corey?" she asked seeing him come into the living room.

"My car in the shop just like yours, ask Judah" he pointed making her sigh.

"I'll just get an uber" she mumbled making Judah stand up grabbing his keys and phone.

"Cmon bruh" he says and she just looked at him before pulling up the uber app.

It's been a week since the whole incident and she still felt some type of way about it. Not even the fact he was with a girl but the fact he lied to her about it.

"I already ordered it" she shrugged nonchalantly. "Imma give you the money back plus that band for my hair" he said motioning her to come on.

"Ion want your money" she mumbled but still stood up walking over to Cj, giving him a kiss on the jaw.

He smiled pecking her forehead before she turned around making her way out the door, towards Judah's car.

Judah mugged seeing Corey shaking his head at him. "You fucked up big time" he said adding salt to injury.

"I'm single" he shrugged not waiting for a response as he made his way outside.

Judah didn't mess with a lot of girls, there was just 2 or 3 he kept in touch with when he needed sum.

"Here" he said reaching in his glove compartment pulling out 2 stacks and placing it on her lap.

She just stared at him before moving it to the cup holder. He smacked his lips at how stubborn she was being.

He truly didn't understand why she was so mad.

"Man kennedy i'm not bouta keep sitting here with you mad at me" He spoke looking over at her in the passenger seat on her phone.

She just ignored him as she scrolled through insta.

He reached over snatching her phone making her head pop up with a slight mug on her face.

"Fuck you on bro" she said waiting for a response.

"I just want you to tell me what i did so i can fix it" he frowned making her heart sting a little bit then she remembered.

"Nigga if you don't even know wtf you did, what do i look like wasting my time trying to get you to understand" she asked cocking her head to the side

"Just tell me bro" he responded and she sighed before starting.

"For one, you lied and said you was sleep but whole time you was laid up with a bitch" she said before starting again.

"Secondly, YOU offered to pick me up from work and then bailed" she mugged and started again before he could respond.

"Third and lastly, you didn't even tell me Corey was coming for me" she ended. "I'm sorry" he said but she just rolled her eyes.

"You're only saying that because you want me to be buddied up with you again, just take me home" she mumbled the last part.

He just shook his head driving off instead of responding.

"can i at least get a hug" he asked walking her up to her front door despite her protest.

She turned around looking at him before reaching her arms around his neck pulling him into a hug.

He smiled wrapping his arms around her waist, bringing her as close as he could.

It's been about a week since she's even touched him which was very unusual for her.

Her love language was physical touch and the more she practiced it, the more it made Judah realize it was his too.

Cj on the other, his love language was quality time, he just had to know you were there with him for his mind to be at peace.

He wasn't as big on the physical touch thing as the other two were, but who was he to say no to her when she wanted a hug.

"I gotta go" she said pulling away but he kept his arms around her waist looking down at her.

"I'm sorry frl, i didn't think about it at the time but it was really selfish and inconsiderate of me" he spoke not being able to leave her if she was still mad at him.

"All i wanted was an actual apology" a smile made her way onto her face as she stood on her tippy toes turning his face as she kissed his cheek.

"Imma see you" he said kissing the top of her head before letting go turning around to walk back to his car.

Kennedy turned around with her key in her hand about to open the door, but it was swung open before she could.

"Who was that" her dad mugged looking behind her as Judah retreated to his car.

"My friend, don't do the most" she rolled her eyes squeezing past him.

"Friends don't be hugged up on each other like that, I was watching through the blinds the whole time" he followed behind her to her room.

She sighed making her way inside the room. "I don't like him" he said standing at her door way. "You didn't even meet him" she laughed placing her stuff on her bed.

"I've seen enough" he muttered with a frown on his face.

He knew kennedy was grown up now but that doesn't mean he didn't still get a little defensive when she was with a guy, which was rarely.

He didn't think anyone would ever be worthy enough to experience his daughter, despite how old she continued to get.

"I'm 21 dad, it's almost baby making age" she playfully said knowing it'll get him more rilled up.

His frown did infact deepen upon hearing that.

"Anyway have you heard from Lani?" she asked making him shake his head.

"You know she a college freshman, her ass always in them books" he sighed proud of his other daughter but also feeling pity for her.

"Like she has a choice" Kennedy mumbled to herself as she sat on her bed.

Her purse tipped over as the two stacks fell out making her sigh. Her dad on the other hand scrunched his face confused.

"Yo ass better not be getting pimped out" he said pointing at her then leaving, before she could throw her jewlery box at him.

"Told his ass i didn't want this shit" she mumbled putting it in her bedside drawer anyway.

END OF CHAPTER

AUTHOR NOTES

•Ideas??

—NEIA ✰