𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐏 𝟸𝟷

𝐎𝐌𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐓
STEP 𝟸𝟷 - 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐌

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"You sure you gone be cool?" Judah asked leaning into Kennedy's car window as she sat in the drivers seat.

"Yeah I needa talk to him, it's been a while" She sighed referring to her father

The three had flown back in from Hawaii that morning, and Kennedy decided it would be a good time to check up on her dad. It was eating away at her.

"Ok call me when you get there" He responded leaning in and placing a kiss on her lips.

"I love you" She spoke up making him smile.

"I love you too Ken" He said backing up from the car as she pulled off.

"Why is she here?" Kennedy mugged seeing her mom carrying laundry through out her father's house.

"Kennedy, can we all be civil, don't start nun" Francis held his head, leaning back on the couch.

"What you mean don't start nun, this woman kicked both your daughters out and you wanna be buddy buddy with her?" Kennedy asked in shock

She would've never expected this from her dad.

"Not everything is about you, she's been helping me out around the house" He said trying his best to explain

"But her of all people?" She shook her head not believing this.

"Yes her, because both my daughters are running around with niggas not giving a fuck about me and my health" He raised his voice.

It was quiet for a second as Kennedy tried to process.

"Why should we be worrying about your health?" She asked lowly.

"I found out that I have stage 2 liver cancer, I wanted to tell you but you been ignoring me and running around with them lil boys" He said before starting again.

"Lani's been around but she bouta have a whole baby and ion wanna put more stress on her so I called the only other person I felt like actually cared for me"

"Pa i'm sorry, you should've called me" Her voice cracked as she moved closer to him.

"You ain't wanna talk to me" He shrugged trying to get her to understand where he was coming from.

"Is that why you're selling the dealership?" She asked making him nod.

"If you would've let me explain that day, this whole thing could've been avoided" He finally said seeing a tear fall down her face.

"I'll be ok Ken, don't worry about me" He assured pulling her into his chest.

"You have cancer, what you mean don't worry about you?" Her voice cracked again as she leaned into his chest.

He hissed causing her to pop up a little.

"My stomach a lil sore, don't worry" He laughed seeing the expression on her face.