𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐏 𝟽

𝐎𝐌𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐓
STEP 𝟽 - 𝐇𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐌

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Yo ass always mad bro" Corey smacked his lips seeing Kennedy grabbing her shit to leave.

But that wasn't the case at all, Kennedy was usually a calm ass person.

She just felt like people didn't listen to her until she got angry.

She noticed Judah nodding his head as if he agreed making her scoff.

"well don't worry youn gotta deal with it no more" she mumbled slipping her slides on as she made her way out the house.

"Ion got time for that cry baby shit all the time" Corey said going on his phone as he heard the door slam.

"I give it 2 days, you gone be outside her window with a speaker and some roses" Judah joked.

"Seriously though, she always mad or irritated at something" Corey mugged the wall.

"Don't do that Cj, cause the way you cope with your feelings is laughing and joking around but everyone understands it, she just doesn't know how to express herself in a healthy way" he pointed out.

Corey looked at him with a shocked look.

He definitely wasn't expecting that from Judah, it was obvious Kennedy was changing him for the better.

He started opening up more and expressing shit that he wouldn't of two month ago.

She hadn't even done anything major, her just listening to him was enough.

He also started talking more on the whole, the most you'd get out of him was a few sentences a day.

But it was true, Kennedy had repressed anger. Her mom always made it a screaming match if Kennedy had a problem with something.

She didn't think her daughters had or deserved boundaries because they were too young to have them.

So in return, Kennedy kept her feelings in and as she grew up, they came back out in a unhealthy way.

She wasn't able to express her feelings without getting mad, as hard as she tried.

"You just have to be patient with her" he said seeing Corey's silence.

"Ma' wants us to come help her set up that new shower" Corey said trying to change the subject.

"When" Judah asked.

"We can start leaving now" Corey spoke looking at the time.

"Man how you even bring this shit from Cancun" Judah huffed holding the new shower door to the wall, getting ready to screw it on.

"Stop cursing" Corey's mom said popping him in the mouth with one of the tools laid out on the floor.

He huffed but went quiet anyway.

"Ma' i gotta talk to you about sum" corey spoke leaning on the bathroom sink.

She motioned him to talk as he started.

"So there's this girl-" before he could say anything more she turned to him quickly with a smile on her face.

"Mom wait, you can bombard me after i tell you what's up" he laughed and she nodded.

"So there's this girl and I really fw her, and i want to be able to understand her but it's hard" He spoke.

Corey never grew up with his dad around, nothing happened to him, he just didn't want to be a father.

So Corey grew up solely with his mother, meaning he was was a momma's boy and a sweetheart no matter how hard he acted.

If what Judah said was true, he definitely wanted to understand Kennedy, and understand how he could help her.

"As in?" his mom asked trying to understand the situation better.

"Like, something would happen and she'll immediately get mad, there's no rational thinking with her" he frowned as Judah snickered in the corner.

"And you know I don't like that crybaby shit, if it was anyone else they'd be cut off by now" he mugged the air.

His mom let the cuss word slide as she thought of a way to help her son.

"Corey, people deal with shit differently, maybe something happened to her for her to react the way she does" She said before getting cut off.

"I literally said that" Judah mumbled as Corey rolled his eyes waiting for his mom to continue.

"So if it happens again, don't invalidate how she feels, maybe just try to get her to chill out and express why she feels like that" She finished making him nod as he thought it over.

"What about you Judah, any girls I should know about?" She asked turning to her 'other' son.

Judah looked at Corey as they both busted out laughing.

It wasn't hard for her to figure out what was going on, she really wasn't moved in the slightest.

"Oh" She mumbled picking up some screws to help Judah.

"Why don't you seem surprised" Judah scrunched his face up.

"Y'all shared everything growing up, am I supposed to be surprised y'all ended up sharing a girl?" she raised an eyebrow.

"When am I going to meet her?" She asked not giving the two a chance to respond to her previous comment.

"No time soon, we don't need you bombarding her with questions" Judah shook his head.

"So are y'all both gonna date her something?" She asked still somewhat confused.

"Ma' we're really just chillin right now, we haven't even talked about what we got going on yet" Corey rolled his eyes.

"Well if anything important happens I better be the first to know" She narrowed her eyes at the two boys.

"Lemme see a picture" she said and Corey pulled out his phone, unlocking it.

He went to his camera roll, going to the album he made specifically for her. It really just consisted of her sleeping, off guard photos and screenshots of her highlights on insta.

"Creep" she mumbled scrolling through it before a smile made its way onto her face.

"She's pretty, how'd she get stuck with y'all" She frowned seeing both the boys mugging her.

"Man we got stuck with her crazy crybaby ass" Judah huffed wiping the sweat off his forehead.

END OF CHAPTER

AUTHOR NOTES

Debating if we need some dramaaaa, i'd fuck around and do it just because y'all wanna be ghost readers🤷🏽‍♀️

—NEIA ✰