𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐏 𝟾

𝐎𝐌𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐓
STEP 𝟾 - 𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐌

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"What you want?" Judah said looking over at Kennedy in the passenger seat as they sat in the wingstop line.

"20 piece mango habanero, dr pepper" she spoke not bothering to open her eyes.

Judah was about to call her fat until he remembered she was on her period this week, and he'd rather not get degraded today.

After ordering it, he placed her bag of food down on the floor near her chair.

"Can we stop to CVS, i need some pain killers" she said and he nodded getting out of the line as he made his way across the street.

"What all you need?" he asked about to get out the car. She sat up about to get out too, knowing instead of advil he'd come back with viagra if you let him.

"Youn gotta come out" he scrunched his face up making her roll her eyes as she got out of the car.

"I definitely do" she said shutting the door as they both made their way inside. He grabbed a cart as he followed her.

He just watched silently as she put a few things in the cart.

As they were heading to self checkout, a girl popped up in front of the two with a huge mug on her face.

"So this why you ain't even answering me?" the girl practically screamed pointing at Kennedy.

"The fuck is you on cuh, we haven't spoke in 2 months" he mugged letting the cart go.

"Because you ain't been answering me, over a bitch i'm assuming" she spoke staring dead at kennedy.

"I ain't gone be too many bitches now" Kennedy said mugging the girl.

"Bitc-" before she could finish, Kennedy lunged at her as they knocked into the shelves.

The girl started screaming as Kennedy grabbed a whole of her hair, punching her repeatedly in the face.

"Kennedy" Judah smacked his teeth  trying to pull her off the girl but she wasn't letting up.

"bro the security them coming over here" Judah huffed yanking her off. She was breathing heavily as she glanced at the girl seeing her scrambling to get up.

"Fuck off of me bro" She pulled away from him as she made her way outside the store with everyone staring at her.

She really wasn't in the mood today, not that she ever was. Today was just sensitive for her seeing as it was the first day of her menstrual cycle.

She made her way to the car as her face balled up, about to cry remembering her food in the car that was probably cold by now.

Meanwhile Judah was inside the store trying to work something out with the managers so they didn't call the police.

"I pay for your shein cart and we all good?" Judah repeated as the middle aged manager nodded.

"Too damn old" he mumbled passing her back her phone after putting his number in.

"Send me the link" he said and she nodded as he made his way out of the store.

He decided he'd just have all the shit they were going to buy, doordashed instead.

He got in the drivers seat, seeing her head faced towards the window and her arms crossed.

He just started the car driving in the direction oh his house. "I wanna go home" her voice cracked and he sighed stopping at the red light.

He ignored her as he drove for her a few more minutes, pulling up to the semi empty beach.

He got out of the car, and thankfully she got the hint to get out too.

They walked towards the shore before he found a good spot, plopping down on the sand.

She took a seat next to him as they stared at the water in a peaceful, comfortable silence.

"My parents passed when I was around 11, they were both in the streets and pissed off some very powerful people, and it eventually caught up with them" he broke the silence.

"Cj's mom took me in and raised me as her own, but I became closed off as i time went on. I used to be a happy ass kid, but death changes people" he spoke and it got quiet again.

"My mom hates me, she's been mad at the fact I had a chance to go to college and didn't take it. She grew up poor and didn't get the opportunity I did, so she thought she could live her dreams out through me" she sighed as he listened.

"And because I refused, she moved onto Lani. She's been stressing her out about doing good in college and I just feel like it's my fault" she followed up as her voice cracked.

"Cmere" he motioned and she sniffled climbing over onto his lap sideways. She wrapped her right arm around his neck.

"It's not your responsibility to throw away your lively hood for your sister, and it's not your sister's responsibility to help your mom live out her fantasies" He said wiping the small tear threatening to fall down her face.

He didn't mind comforting her, he'd rather it be her than him. He liked the fact she didn't give him pity about his situation. He already made peace with it and was tired of hearing the constant 'Sorry for your lost'.

"I don't want you to take offense or anything, but is there is a reason you're always riled up?" He asked making her sigh before starting.

"You don't have to sugar coat it, I'm aware I always jump to anger instead of communication" She paused and he wrapped both arms around her waist with her feet hanging off the side of his lap.

"I don't mean to do it, my mom just never let me express myself growing up so it just built up over time" she said explaining it in the shortest way she could.

"Your knuckles" he mumbled running his thumb over her bruised knuckles. "You should see the other guy" she joked making him laugh.

"Are you ready to go?" he asked tapping her hip. She nodded as he helped her stand up.

Both kennedy and Judah left the beach with smiles on their faces, but kennedy mostly.

She felt different after their talk, like they finally got sum needed things off their chest, that was preventing their relationship from progressing into something more.

END OF CHAPTER

AUTHOR NOTES

•say hi so ik y'all here and i'm not just writing for no reason 😭

—NEIA ✰