𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐏 𝟼

𝐎𝐌𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐓
STEP 𝟼 - 𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐌

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Lani it's not even like that" kennedy scrunches her face up as her and her sister sat on her bed.

"So what is it like, cause what i'm hearing is two niggas plotting on you" lani laughed seeing the mug on Kennedy's face.

"I don't even know what it is yet, like i was afraid to admit it but i kinda like both of them in their own ways" she looked at the bed as a small smile made a way onto her face.

"Like with Cj, i like the fact he'll agree to do anything with or for me, i've never heard no since i've met him and then he's always trying to make sure I feel comfortable wherever we are"

"And with Spooki, i like how he always wants me touching him, he'll think he did something wrong if i'm not basically on him, and he loves giving me shit i didn't ask for" she rolled her eyes

"They both sound really coo, but who do you like more" Lani cocked her head to the side. Kennedy went quiet for a second as she thought about it.

"I literally can't choose, it's just different shit about their personalities you wouldn't be able to find in both of them" she shook her head.

"Well have y'all established what was going on? I just don't want you to think it's something that it's not and you end up hurt in the end" Lani frowned.

It was true, Lani definitely wanted to see her sister happy but this seemed sketchy. She just didn't want her sister to be the one hurt in the end.

"We haven't, we've just been chillin. I think all three of us are just scared to address what's going on" Kennedy spoke as her sister nodded.

"What about you though, how's mom being acting" she changed the subject.

"You know the usual, taking my phone i paid for because she didn't think i was studying enough" Lani huffed at last nights memories.

"Has she asked about me?" Kennedy asked and Lani shook her head sadly.

Call it what you want to, but their mom was jealous of Kennedy. Kennedy never wanted to go to college but instead take over her dad's dealership once he got too old.

On the other hand, her mom wanted her to go to college because she never got the chance to either. She just wanted better for her daughter but in the process she made it about herself.

Her mom grew up very poor and didn't have the resources to go to college so you can see why she would've wanted her first born to.

But once again, Kennedy didn't want to go. She just didn't think it was for her and her mom couldn't accept that.

So she kicked Kennedy out to go live with her dad, and turned her sights to Lani instead.

The only thing Kennedy regretted was not making Lani leave the same time as her, because now she was going to go through the same things she did.

"Well just know your room is always across the hall if you need a break" Kennedy smiled at her sister before her phone started ringing.

"What do you want Judah" she sighed answering it putting it on speaker. The line went silent before it hung up.

Then he called again making her face scrunch up. "Talk to me nice" he said and Lani covered her mouth trying not to laugh.

"Yes Judah" she rolled her eyes before he started. "The fair open up today, you wanna go?" he asked.

She looked up at her sister knowing today was supposed to be their day.

"Only if i can bring my sister" she spoke making Lani mug her. She didn't wanna be a 4th wheel.

"That's coo, Cj cousin wanted to come anyway. Be ready in a hour" he hung up not giving her a chance to respond.

"You know damn well mom isn't going to let me go have fun, i told her if i came over here i'd be studying" Lani frowned wanting to go though.

"Malani, you're 19, grown" Kennedy broke it down for her.

"Plus, we know she got yo location so just leave your phone home" Kennedy spoke in a duh tone

"Now hurry up and get ready, we only have an hour" Kennedy said getting up to go to her closet and find something.

"Can i borrow something, I only brought sweatpants" Lani said and Kennedy mugged her because she didn't have to ask her for clothes.

"So who y'all going with?" Their dad asked rolling up on the couch. In that moment he reminded her of Judah making her cringe.

"With some of Lani's friends" Kennedy spoke before lani could. Lani couldn't lie for shit.

"Oh alright, be home before 11 or y'all sleeping on the porch, with the raccoons" He narrowed his eyes at the two.

Kennedy rolled her eyes grabbing lani's hand as she dragged her outside seeing Judah's car pulling up.

"What happened to your car?" Lani asked as the two started walking to his car.

"Man I need a new engine" Kennedy frowned before getting in the passenger seat.

"Where Corey" She scrunched her face up only seeing Antwone and Judah.

"He had to pick his momma up from the airport, he'll meet us there" Judah spoke biting his lips looking her over.

"Stop looking at me" Kennedy said putting her hands over his eyes as he laughed pulling off.

"Corey" Kennedy whined as he bit a piece of her candy apple. He stuck his tongue out at her before they walked off in the direction of the other 3.

"Bro are you ok?" Judah laughed seeing Antwone clutching his stomach as he held onto Lani's shoulder.

"Wait bitch don't throw up over here" Judah said seeing him gagging. He ran behind Kennedy just before Antwone threw up in front of them.

"What ride did he go on, so i know not to" Corey cringed next to kennedy.

"The tea cup ride" Lani rolled her eyes holding his dreads back.

END OF CHAPTER

AUTHOR NOTES

Chileeeee

—NEIA ✰