Prologue

Ryuunosuke Akutagawa was spending the early evening with his sister, Gin, in their shared apartment. Ryuunosuke was slowly nursing a cup of fig tea, while Gin had almost finished her milk tea."Don't you think Chuuya-san has been acting weird recently?" Questioned the younger Akutagawa.

The elder shook his head in dismissal, "Chuuya-san is acting as he normally would. Although..." Ryuunosuke trailed off. Gin hmmed in a questioned tone for him to continue. Ryuunosuke brushed the thought aside, it was an old memory that probably held no importance. "It's nothing, it doesn't matter. Shouldn't you be heading to sleep, you're being dispatched in the morning, correct?"

Gin nodded in agreement and quickly downed the remains of her tea, before heading off towards her room. Ryuunosuke remained in the kitchen for the next hour thinking to himself, his fig tea having gone long cold. 'I wonder how much longer till...'

His thoughts were interrupted by an obnoxious knocking upon the door. Ryuunosuke rose from the kitchen table and swiftly made his way there, the now more rapid knocking did not improve his now foul mood. He was expecting to see some neighbour or child making this racket in the middle of the night, the neighbours always did like to check in on the twins which was troublesome at times, Ryuunosuke swiftly opened the door to be met by someone he didn't expect.

He was beaten bloody, there looked to be a partial trail of blood behind him. He looked like there wasn't much strength holding him together, him grabbing his arm tightly, hunched over slightly, panted breaths.
"Jinko?" The elder Akutagawa asked in confusion, he had never given Atsushi his address so how did he know he lived here, even in the Mafia the only ones that knew of this place were the Black Lizard and Chuuya.

"Akutagawa I-" Atsushi began to speak, however he was stopped by the ding of the lift arriving at the floor. Fear flooded Atsushi's eyes as the doors swiftly opened revealing a cloaked individual. Having spoken no words, only raising their arm with a gun in hand, they shot towards Atsushi hitting directly into his back. The younger male was in no state to react ,as soon as the shot landed he was on the floor within seconds. The individual attempted to shoot Akutagawa however the attempt was futile.

"Rashomon!" The elder yelled as his jumper turned into a barrier protecting himself from harm, while his ability was still active he used it to drag Atsushi inside the hallway. Seeing as they had been foiled, the cloaked individual allowed the doors to close before Akutagawa could strike them. He would've followed him, but he had more pressing matters which had begun to pool at his feet.

AN - Hope you all enjoy this fanfic, I've not written one in a while so you'll have to apologise for my poor writing 😅