Extra 2.3

"Quiet, Ryuunosuke is asleep." Akutagawa could hear voices in the middle of the night, he'd had no clue how long he'd been out for. He silently creeped from his bed to the door, he'd left it open slightly when he'd gone to bed which he was thankful for as he could see into the living room. However, he wished he couldn't.

There was Atsushi. With a woman.

He had his finger pressed against her lips, her lipstick beginning to smear on his finger. She giggled slightly realising.

"Well then," She shoved Atsushi onto the sofa which he'd been standing in front of. "If you stay quiet he won't wake up." He didn't even reject her movements as she locked her lips against his, leaving a print of her lips against his.

"What if he finds out?" Atsushi whispered in a panicked tone. The woman gave a quiet laugh.

"He won't, if he comes in here I can always use Anne's room to hide us." Akutagawa felt repulsed by what he was seeing. But the shattering of his heart overtook that feeling. He couldn't move, he couldn't breathe. All he could do as he watched the man he'd loved and cherished all these years make out with some redhead girl he couldn't even make out. He thought she reminded him of someone he knew but he couldn't put his finger on it.

The woman sat herself beside Atsushi at this point, making the male have his back to the bedroom door. Her face now illuminated by the moon's light.

It was Montgomery.

She pushed Atsushi down even more as she was about to kiss him again she realised that the bedroom door was open, she could see Akutagawa's face perfectly even in the dim light, his expression one of utter pain. She smirked slightly before mouthing some words to the black haired male, he understood each one perfectly.

'He's mine now...'

With that her face lowered to kiss Atsushi once more. After a few seconds she clicked her fingers and the pair disappeared.

Akutagawa wasn't sure which was worse. Seeing them both like that or not knowing what they could possibly be doing in Anne's room.

He seemed to regain his sense's slowly as everything began to settle in his mind. Atsushi was cheating on him. In their own home. How long had this been going on for? Why would he do this? Was it because he was bored of him? Was it because of who he was as a person?

The thoughts in his mind began to crash over one another without rest. His breathing began to become erratic and constant tears streamed down his face. His legs gave out from underneath him and he collapsed to the ground but with the state he was in he didn't even realise, he didn't even feel the pain of the impact.

Breath after breath it became harder and harder to breathe. It was as if Akutagawa was suffocating. Those images flashing through his mind on repeat he wished he could forget it all, erase his mind if he could.

"Br-..." There was a muttering from someone but Akutagawa couldn't make it out. His own mind was screaming at him too much. He just wanted the pain to stop.

"Ry-... -the..." There was the voice again. But Akutagawa still couldn't hear it properly. The pain was too much.

"It would be better if..." He tried to shake his head at his words, but then new words began to scream in his head.

Do it. Do it. Do it! Do it! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!

Akutagawa raised Rashomon, he was going to do it. He should do it. He had to do it.

"Ryuunosuke!" He heard the voice and stopped Rashomon just as it was about to piece him. He looked around for the voice but there was no one.

"Ryuunosuke! Breathe!" His chest was still so tight, but he began to attempt to steady his breaths.

"Ryuunosuke! Come back to me!" The voice sounded so broken now, it sounded like the individual was breaking.

Akutagawa closed his eyes. One second he was collapsed on the floor of the bedroom but the next minute he was wrapped up in bed with someone leaning over him. With a crimson liquid running from his arm onto the sheets.

It was Atsushi with Rashomon currently piercing his arm. The sharpest part was near his chest. Just as it had been a few seconds ago.

It took him a few seconds to realise what had happened. He had been asleep. It was a nightmare, just a nightmare he tried to convince himself.

Atsushi was so relieved to see his boyfriend awake and in control of his ability.

"Ryuunosuke!" He cried as he wrapped his arms around his boyfriend in a tight hug. Atsushi was so afraid of what he'd witnessed as he walked in a few minutes ago.

Akutagawa's breathing was unsteady which typically happened with his weakened lungs, he'd have moments like these and they would fix themselves after a period of time. But after the breathing didn't fix itself, Atsushi began to grow worried. He tried to wake up his partner to no avail.

Akutagawa's breathing had then begun to grow worse, it was as if he was suffocating. Atsushi had tried screaming his name down his ear but to no avail. His heart had dropped as he watched Rashomon begin to manifest itself, it scared him even more when he realised he was trying to strike himself. Without second thought he'd put his arm in between to stop him, but it just tore right through his flesh. Crying his name one last time, thankfully Rashomon had stopped. He began to repeat his name a few more times and he'd eventually awoken.

"W..What happened?" Akutagawa questioned, Atsushi was going to suffocate him if he kept hugging him this tightly. Akutagawa then realised that Atsushi's arm had a hole in it.

"What happened!?" He cried as he grabbed his lover's arm, it was slowly starting to mend itself thankfully. But it still saddened him that he'd been hurt.

"You manifested Rashomon while you were asleep, I didn't even know you could do that." Was Atsushi's response as we watched his arm completely heal. He rotated his arm back and forth and showed his partner there was no more damage.

Despite there being no damage to his boyfriend Akutagawa still felt guilty.

"Where have you been?" Was the next question he asked. Atsushi jolted a little at the sudden question and then looked away as he spoke.

"Oh you know, out with Kyoka. She dragged me back to her dorm at the Agency as she had some clothes she wanted me to try." Akutagawa felt his heart sink even more.

Lies.

All lies.

He really couldn't take it when people lied to him. He wanted to confront Atsushi about it but he didn't want to cause a rift to form between the two of them. So he turned away from his boyfriend and pulled the covers up.

"Okay. Good night." Atsushi was shocked at his reaction. He usually wrapped his arms around Atsushi allowing Atsushi to lay against his chest, it was always comfortable for the pair. But that night they both suffered in the cold with absence of one another. Something that neither wanted to feel again.