Chapter 5

"Ryuunosuke, what happened?" Gin asked, the question had been on her mind since they had left the agency. "The usual, everyone sees what I've done and not what I'm trying to do."

Ryuunosuke had no interest in talking any further on the incident and instead made his way to the living room where Atsushi still lay unconscious. "Dammit, he's still out. I thought I might get to ask some questions." Ryuunosuke pondered in his mind.

Gin watched as her brother continued to stare at the unconscious Weretiger. "You sure do seem to worry about him, you sure you hate him?" Ryuunosuke turned to his sister with a menacing glare.

"Of course I do, he gets Dazai's approval while I'm left behind. If I can beat him then surely Dazai will acknowledge me." Gin shook her head in disapproval of her brother's words.
"Four years. He left you four years ago and you still can't accept the fact that he saw you as nothing?" This ticked off Ryuunosuke.

"What are you blathering about? Dazai has a use for me. He always does." This seemed to push Gin's patience. She never argued with her brother, if they did it was usually a childish argument. But this time, it was serious.

"Ryuunosuke, stop thinking like a child! Dazai only cared for one individual in the mafia! Do you know who that was?" Gin had begun to raise her voice at her brother, he hadn't heard her this angry in a long time. It frightened him slightly, bringing up old memories he had long discarded.
"It was himself, Ryuunosuke! He cared only for himself and what did he do? He left! By. Him. Self!" Gin had discarded any and all attempts of calming herself down. All her rational thoughts had left her. Ryuunosuke continued to stare down at the carpeted flooring which his feet had sunk into.
"You don't understand." He muttered, this made Ryuunosuke feel like a child. He was a man of the mafia, he shouldn't be cowering in fear of simply his sister's anger.

"I don't understand? Then please dear brother. Tell me what I don't understand!" Gin was literally centimetres away from Ryuunosuke's face. "If Dazai doesn't need me, then what is the point? If I can't be useful to him, then how can I be useful to others?" This left Gin in shock slightly, she new her brother held little worth of himself, but to this degree had taken her aback. Before Ryuunosuke could walk away and disappear into his room like he always did to avoid problems with his sister or others, Gin latched her arms around his neck. Trapping him in a tight hug, the siblings didn't typically display physical affection towards one another; it was typically a small word or two. The last time Gin had hugged her brother was when he was on the verge of death after a particularly gruesome battle against the Weretiger.

"Don't. Don't say that about yourself. I need you here. So don't go throwing your life away saying you have no use. Okay?" Ryuunosuke peeled his sister's arms away before giving a silent nod in response.

"Would you look at the time? It's lunch, do you want me to get something from the shops as I know you didn't get anything, apart from those ramen packs. And I refuse to eat another one." Ryuunosuke frowned at his sister's accusation of his regular meal.

"What's wrong with ramen? It's easy to cook." Gin shook her head in dismay, then quickly grabbed her purse. "It doesn't exactly keep you healthy. Look at you, your skin and bones." Ryuunosuke crossed his arm over his stomach, then he made his way to sit on the floor beside the Weretiger. "Fine. Go get lunch." Gin smiled in agreement and left without another word.