Chapter 13

"No. What is it?" Chuuya frowned, the last time he had said that to him he had stormed off in a fit of rage and sadness. He knew the man meant something different to his words. "I don't know, tell me!" He shouted in anger, Chuuya found it funny how he didn't change in all these years.

"It's proof." He answered truthfully. "Proof that you still have a heart." Chuuya placed the ring against his own, a soft smile displayed on his face. "Proof you are capable of love. Proof you are human. Proof that you mean more to some of us than life itself." Chuuya released the ring and let it clash against Dazai's chest, he then rose to his feet and left the bathroom. Leaving Dazai to his thoughts.

An hour passed by as Chuuya remained in his room attempting once again to sleep after he had drained the sink in the kitchen. However, the door to his room opened slowly. A few seconds later it closed again. This happened a multitude of times until finally the individual sat themself on the edge of the bed causing the bed to drop slightly. As they moved along the bed it creaked in response slightly, eventually they nestled themself next to the lying Chuuya. The man turned himself over and was met with a regretful Dazai, his eyes showing signs of regret of settling himself next to Chuuya. However, Chuuya placed his hand against the younger cheek.

"Don't make that face, it makes it look like I forced you." The man laughed weakly in response. "I don't think anyone can force me to be like this." He responded as he leaned into the man's touch. "But what if I can't love yo-" Dazai's words were silenced by Chuuya's soft lips, it wasn't a long kiss but long enough to stop the man in his thoughts.

"Don't even say that. You married me four years ago, you poured your heart out to me. I can still remember the day clearly."

Dazai had invited Chuuya out for the day, due to Chuuya not being able to spend as much time with Dazai recently due to Mori bombarding him with a mountain of assignments, they were all solo ones and Dazai was ordered not to assist him. So Dazai had been spending most of his time in Chuuya's apartment however each time Chuuya got back he was too exhausted to do anything but cook a brief meal and sleep.

"So you wanted to take me to a cafe?" Chuuya questioned as he settled himself across from Dazai. "Not just any cafe," Dazai prompted, "The cafe where you took me on our first date." Dazai crossed his arms, impressed with himself. Even though they had been dating in secret for a little less than under a year, Chuuya was still impressed Dazai remembered.

"True, but this place is really run down now. Wouldn't you rather go elsewhere?" Dazai shook his head in dismissal, he wanted to stay here. After all it was the place which had started all this. After conversing for a while and Chuuya drinking an iced coffee the pair had made their way to the shopping centre. Although Dazai typically hated shopping he dragged Chuuya into a clothes shop. The pair messed around trying on various outfits until they both settled on an outfit each. Dazai ended up with a grey shirt, which tucked into some black cargo pants. Chuuya had a black turtleneck with a white shirt over the top, tucked into some neat grey trousers. Chuuya questioned Dazai for the need of fancy clothes but he dodged the question as they raced out of the store after paying (Chuuya paid).

Dazai kept dragging Chuuya throughout the city, never explaining his method. "Osamu! Where are we going now? I could bike with you there if you told me?" Dazai always loved being called that by Chuuya, but shook his head in dismissal at his request.

"No, this is the last place I promise." They eventually ended up at a fancy restaurant, one of Chuuya's favourites.

"Okay, how the hell did you afford this? I'm only able to come here with Ane-san cause she always pays." Chuuya was in genuine shock with his boyfriend, Dazai just raised his arms in defence. "A magician cannot reveal his secrets my dear Chibi."