Chapter 14

It was eight in the morning and Akutagawa had risen to ensure no one had entered the apartment during the night. They hadn't, he wasn't even sure where exactly in Yokohama he was. It was a fancier apartment in comparison to what Gin and himself shared. Well, Chuuya did have an executives pay check.

Akutagawa soon returned to Atsushi's side, he was still unconscious to his disappointment. He really wanted to speak with him, but Akutagawa had no idea why. He shook his head in dismissal of the thought plaguing his mind. He thought it best to awaken his superiors, he was initially confused when he discovered Dazai missing from the sofa where he had claimed his property the prior night. When he knocked on Chuuya's bedroom door and discovered no sound from inside he opened the door slightly to see the pair fast asleep, Dazai's arms wrapped around Chuuya's waist and his top half semi-naked.

An old memory of Akutagawas creeped up in his mind, one from the Port Mafia days of Dazai when Akutagawa had discovered the intimacy of the pair's relationship. He quickly closed the door in fear of witnessing something again, deciding that they would awaken soon as Chuuya had a habit of waking quite early. He'd learnt that from the amount of joint missions he'd done with the man.

It was now twelve o' clock. Akutagawa had been bored out of his mind awaiting the awakening of the two males or Atsushi. But to no avail. Despite his prior decision he now decided now was a prime time to awaken the couple. He made his way to the bedroom and knocked upon the door much louder this time. He heard a faint grumble but nothing more. Akutagawa pushed the door open and saw that Dazai had drawn himself closer to Chuuya, the other had twisted over and was now facing away from the man. Akutagawa drew his breath slightly before exploding.

"Wake up!" He seemed rather pleased with himself as Dazai arose rubbing his eyes. He was still leaning against Chuuya who didn't appear disturbed whatsoever.

"What's the need to be up so early?" Dazai whined as he stretched his arms behind his head. Still refusing to get himself off the bed.

"It is twelve o' clock, I imagined you and Chuuya would have awoken by now." Akutagawa gave a solemn response, Dazai chuckled slightly at his reasoning.

"Ah right, well Chuuya doesn't dream typically however when he does it's near to impossible to awaken him. Unless..." Dazai removed himself from Chuuya's vicinity and within an instance he reached out his arm in an attempt to have him within his grasp again. This caught Akutagawa by surprise slightly. Knowing Chuuya would just keep latching onto him, Dazai removed himself from the bed reluctantly. Chuuya finally sat up with a groggy expression plastered onto his face.

"Why did you leave?" He questioned why now rubbing his own eyes, Dazai threw the curtains open to which Chuuya objected with a slight cry. "Because your subordinate wanted us up." Dazai leant against the large glass window as Chuuya slowly became intact with all his senses as he finally woke up. He stretched his arms and crawled out of the bed, standing himself besides Dazai. He crossed his arms over his chest and stared down at Akutagawa.

"So what do you need us for?" Chuuya questioned, his ring glinting the light slightly. It caught Akutagawa's eye, he then looked to his former mentor and realised that he had a thin chain with a similar ring attached. It quickly added up in Akutagawa's head.

"When did you guys get married?" He answered bluntly before averting his eyes at realising what he had said, "I apologise for my statement, you don't need to answer." Before Akutagawa could say any further, Chuuya snickered slightly. "He hasn't changed huh?" Dazai questioned as he looked at his husband.

"Nope, not one bit." Chuuya responded, he then slowly took footsteps towards the youngest and placed his hand on his shoulder. "Ryuunosuke, it's been four years." This took Akutagawa aback slightly, "So that time I walked in on you guys, you were already marri-" Chuuya jumped back slightly in shock.

"Wait! Wait! You what!?" He asked a harsh blush evident on his face, Dazai's cheeks had a slight blush to them but you could see the shock in his eyes as well.

"When Dazai was in the mafia, he ordered me to come to his office one time to report a mission I had recently been on. But when I arrived... Chuuya was... Sat... On... The... Table... And-" Akutagawa felt awkward recalling the memory he tried so hard to forget after all these years. Chuuya thankfully interrupted him.

"I've heard enough!" With that he swiftly left the room intending to make a coffee for himself. "Dazai?" Akutagawa questioned, still pondering something which struck him as odd from earlier.

"Chuuya has informed me before that it is impossible for him to dream, so how was he able to earlier?" Dazai smiled at the question, "My ability of course, Arahabaki prevents Chibi from dreaming so with me he can dream. Although when I leave he typically wakes up, which makes it difficult for me to leave without his knowledge." Akutagawa nodded in acknowledgement to his newfound knowledge. The pair then joined Chuuya in the kitchen who was slowly sipping on his coffee. Just as Akutagawa was making himself a bowl of cereal to eat, a thought crossed his mind.

"What if Nakajima isn't just unconscious. What if it's an ability?"