Chapter 4

He stood before the agency members for a few seconds before they even took notice of him. He fumbled with the edge of his sleeve while he waited. Yosano turned her head and was met face to face with him, "Akutagawa!" She hollered and jumped to her feet in an instant, hiding Kyoka behind her, not that she needed it but Yosano still didn't want to take chances with the state she was in. Kunikida followed suit and jumped out of his own seat as well, revealing his notebook and a pen a few seconds later. Kyoka slowly turned her head and met eyes with him, a small shiver of fear went down her spine, however she grasped the phone around her neck and relaxed herself slightly.

"Kyoka." Akutagawa acknowledged her before turning to face Kunikida. "I come here unarmed, I do not intend to fight you." Kunikida furrowed his brow at this.

"That's a lie! If you didn't intend to fight then why is Nakajima missing?" Kunikida's anger seemed to rise by the second. However Akutagawa raised his non-existent eyebrow in confusion.

"The weretiger went missing?" Akutagawa's wording piqued Yosano's interest. "What do you mean 'went' missing? He still is. Or is there something you're not telling us?" Yosano begins to move her hand to the pocket on her skirt, as if to grab something. Akutagawa takes a step back in caution, he knows that if he tells the agency the truth now, they won't believe him for a second.

"Ryuunosuke is everything okay?" Gin left the stall and walked within sight of the other agency members, this immediately put the others on edge.

"You don't come to fight, but you bring others?" Kunikida argued in response, this triggered Gin's fight or flight response and caused her to brace herself and go for a concealed knife on her person.

"She has a weapon!" Yosano hollered as Kunikida launched towards her in an attempt to restrain her. Within seconds Ryuunosuke called out. "Rashomon!" His jumper appeared to grow a piece of cloth from the main body which quickly became a sharp blade, launching to create a deep wound into Kunikida's arm preventing him from holding onto his notebook anymore.

"I've told you. We don't want to fight!" Ryuunosuke attempted to argue, however Yosano wasn't having him speak any further.

"Stop spouting nonsense! What's wrong with you anyways! We're supposed to be in an alliance and you attack one of our members!" Yosano quickly made her way to Kunikida and ripped part of her skirt to tie around Kunikida's wound to prevent more bleeding. Leaving Kyoka in her seat without anywhere else to hide.

"I'm sorry for bothering you all. Myself and my sister will be taking our leave." Just before leaving, Ryuunosuke turned around and faced Kyoka.

"By the way, Kyoka, Kouyo wishes to contact you." With that the siblings left and headed straight home to their apartment without uttering a word until they were inside.