Extra 1.2

It was the next morning and Kunikida had come to check on Dazai as he'd spent the night in the infirmary. When he'd arrived in the infirmary Dazai was still asleep to no one's surprise.

Kunikida saw the pile of bandages that had been left on the ground from the prior night, he decided to dispose of them quickly before Dazai tried to rewrap his arms with them.

When he'd turned back around Dazai had stirred in his sleep so the cover had fallen off him slightly. Kunikida gave a light laugh, he thought he looked kinda cute like this.

He made his way over and planned to put the cover back over him. But caught sight of the wounds on his arms. He'd never seen the wounds up close before, only once in a swift glance. It had been about a year since Dazai had joined the agency when it happened.

Dazai had somehow managed to drag Kunikida out for some drinks. After Dazai had drink after drink after drink he had started to become a little loopy. Kunikida only had one beer which he'd slowly been drinking. Kunikida thought he started speaking nonsense because he'd started pointing things out that didn't relate to him at all.

"Why are you drinking beer? You love your wine don't you?" Kunikida never drank wine unless the occasion called for it.

"Where's your hat, did someone steal it from you?" Kunikida had worn a hat in a prior mission so he assumed he was referring to that.

"You dress in such light colours nowadays, what happened to all the dark suits?" Kunikida had only worn a dark suit back when he used to teach.

Kunikida sighed and decided it best to call it a night at this point. Which resulted in him somewhat dragging a heavily drunk Dazai through the streets of Yokohama until they got back to the agency dorms.

Dazai lived on the second floor with Kunikida a few doors down, Kunikida then spent the next ten minutes trying to drag Dazai up the stairs with great struggle as he seemed reluctant to return to his room for some reason.

After dragging him inside his room Kunikida was going to drop him in the hallway and let him crawl into bed himself. However, Dazai had deemed the hallway a good enough place to sleep. With much annoyance Kunikida helped him into bed. But just as he was about to leave and return to his own room Dazai grasped Kunikida's wrist.

"Don't go..." He sounded like he was going to start crying.

"Don't leave me... Please..." Kunikida could only feel pity for the man as he grew closer, making Dazai feel more at ease.

"I love you..." He muttered, nearly asleep at this point. Kunikida felt his heart skip a beat at this point but shook his head at the thought. What about his ideals? Would he really give them up just to be with Dazai?

But just as he was going to come to a decision Dazai muttered one final word before passing out.
"Chibi..." Kunikida froze at that point. Chibi? He's never once called him that and he was in no way small or cute. Kunikida's heart began to sink, all these heartfelt words had been meant for someone else. Not him.

He was freed from Dazai's grasp when the man fell unconscious, so he quickly made his way into his own room. Looking over his ideals once again. He was so frustrated with himself, he'd pledged to follow these ideals to the letter. And now he was stuck, stuck with being in love with someone who belonged to someone else.

Kunikida then threw his notebook at the wall in his anger, a silent tear falling down his face. If he was going to change his ideals he would ensure something like this would never happen again. If it did he wasn't sure he would be able to cope.

But here he stood nearly