Chapter 20

"I see you recognise it. I should hope you do, you have the matching one on your finger currently." Chuuya felt the band around his finger tighten slightly, if he had this ring what state was Dazai in. Even if he wouldn't wear the ring that often as he feared he would damage or lose it Dazai never let it leave his side, not in all the years he had owned it. Shirase laughed at Chuuya's loss for words, Atsushi slowly began to connect the dots and realised what he meant.

"What did you do to him! I thought if I came here you wouldn't harm him?" Atsushi didn't know all the fine details but still had a grasp at what was happening.

"Oh we were going to leave him unharmed but he started spewing nonsense from that foul mouth of his after he learned something about my employer. She- I mean they were not impressed with his words." Chuuya curled his fist inwards, he didn't dare kill Shirase after seeing that ring. He felt part of his resolve waver slightly but still stood strong.

"Hand. My. Husband. Over. NOW!" That was all Chuuya could bring himself to say, afraid any more words or actions will affect his welfare.

"Aww you miss him so much already and it's not even been that long." Shirase brought his fingers to his lips and blew a sharp whistle. Yuan walked out of the shadows with two individuals behind her dragging a barely conscious ruined individual.

"Osamu!" Chuuya cried, feeling his heart break slightly at the sight of him. He'd seen him in many awful states after battles while in the Port Mafia but he was always smiling at him telling him not to worry or that he would soon feel the sweet release of death. Which Chuuya would always respond to by punching him in the gut. But seeing him with that distant glazed over look in his eyes, his face devoid of anything. It truly broke him.

"So I agree to go with you and you'll hand Dazai over to Chuuya?" Shirase nodded but held up his hand with one finger. "There's one more thing. But my employer would like to speak with you first." Shirase turned to the shadows once more, "Boss! He's here!" He was met with silence but Shirase still had a tainted smile on his face.

A few seconds passed by and then a hooded figure leapt from the shrouded eaves of the abandoned building. Atsushi and Chuuya couldn't make out the face of the individual hidden by the hood they wore but long white hair fell from the shadows of the hood.

"You're sure he didn't come with backup?" The hooded figure queried, the figure's voice sounded quite high pitched. Feminine even. "They are alone, the others ensured that." Shirase confirmed, he then walked to the figure, hand extended to them. "Our payment." The hooded figure fiddled beneath their cloak and revealed a stack of bills.

"1.5 million yen." They said this as if it was pocket money, and Atsushi felt a cold sweat fall on his face. Why did someone pay so much just for him? However, Yuan piped up.

"You agreed to pay us 3 mill! That's only half?" She strode over to the figure, fury written on her features. "Yu don't." Shiarase muttered but she didn't take the warning. "So where's our money?" There weren't any more words from Yuan. The only sound was the thud of something landing not too far away. Everyone turned to see what it was and the sight and pain drove Yuan to helpless wails and tears.

Her detached arm lay mere metres from her.