Chapter 2

Eventually, Gin retired to her room. After many attempts of trying to convince her brother to retire to his own room she gave in and allowed him to watch as the Weretiger slept. When she returned after five hours of sleep she saw her brother had fallen asleep leant against the sofa, holding the Weretiger's hand. She gave a soft chuckle at her brother's confusing but understandable actions, after all she had seen this kind of thing happen before. After making herself and her brother a coffee for the morning she gently shook her brother's shoulders.

"Ryuunosuke. Wake up Ryuunosuke." He grumbled slightly before slowly opening his eyes. "What time is it?" His voice rasped out, Gin looked at the clock on the wall. "Around 7:30, there's coffee for you on the kitchen table." Ryuunosuke pulled himself off the floor and wandered his way to the table. Allowing himself to collapse in the kitchen chair.

"What time did you fall asleep?" Gin questioned her brother as he typically had bags under his eyes but this morning they appeared to be worse. "Around 5 I think, I can't remember." Gin pushed the mug towards her brother as she slowly sipped on her own. The next few minutes were filled with the noise of the two siblings drinking their coffee and the slow breathing of Atsushi.

"Has he woken up yet?" Gin asked as she returned in her typical white dress she wore when going out. Ryuunosuke shook his head in dismissal as he had already changed himself and resorted to staring at Atsushi again. "Just a few whispers, but I believe those might be from nightmares." Gin nodded her head in acknowledgment.
"Are you ready to go?" She questioned while grabbing her keys from the side. Ryuunosuke nodded and brought himself to his feet, the pair believed Atsushi would be fine alone in the house. After all Ryuunosuke was known to sleep in quite often so no one would be pulling a surprise visit this early in the morning.

The pair left the apartment complex and made their way to the station. "Do you even know where it is?" Questioned the older Akutagawa, Gin nodded her head at her brother's words. The Black lizard had attacked the Agency before when they had initially attempted to obtain Atsushi, however the other members had foiled them. Gin shuddered at the memory of the young boy throwing her out the window. "I remember the way, just keep me away from the kid." Ryuunosuke looked at his sister in confusion but had no time to ponder longer as the train arrived at their station. A short walk later they arrived at an office building, Ryuunosuke readjusted his collar on his turtle neck and made his way inside with Gin close behind.