Chapter 3

They initially arrived at the cafe and were greeted by the old man. "Good afternoon, can I help you two?" Gin nodded her head in agreement, meanwhile Ryuunosuke continued to hold his scowl. "Y..yes... Erm... A..are t..the d..detec..detective agency I..in?" The old man smiled in response to her timidness, Ryuunosuke put a hand on her shoulder as a way of comforting her. "Yes, they will be on their lunch break soon. You can speak with them then, if that's easier for you both?" The pair nodded in response and hid themselves in a booth in the corner to prevent the agency members noticing them straight away when they arrived.

"Did I stutter too much?" Gin questioned, her head slumped forward in regret. Ryuunosuke waved his hand in dismissal, "You spoke clearly, after all you've only recently just begun to communicate with others outside the Mafia." Gin nodded her head in agreement, however the bell to the cafe soon signalled someone else's entry.

"Kyoka, are you sure you're okay? You look even more tired than yesterday." Ryuunosuke looked over to see a pale and tired stricken Kyoka, very different from what Ryuunosuke had last seen of the girl.
"I'm fine." She replied in her solemn tone. Kunikida shook his head in dismay, "You know he wouldn't want you to become ill while searching for him." This piqued Ryuunosuke's interest. "Who would Kyoka bother searching for?" He pondered as the agency members settled at a nearby table.

"Kunikida what happened to Dazai?" Asked Yosano, who was settled next to the solemn looking Kyoka. "He said he'd be gone for a day or two, I don't know why though?" Kunikida pondered aloud. Yosano tried to crack a joke to the few members present, "Maybe he found a woman willing to commit suicide with him?" However Kunikida shook his head at her comment.

"Not likely, he hasn't mentioned that in a while, now that I think about it." Yosano gave a questioning look in response. "Dazai. The man who has obsessed over suicide since the day I've known him, just suddenly loses interest in it? I don't think so." Kunikida just shrugged his shoulder in response, "As long as he's alive and well I don't see an issue with the change. "Excuse me, bartender, could you please bring us the usual?" The old man nodded and got to work at making their orders. Ryuunosuke looked to his sister and saw her sigh a breath of relief, "The kid isn't here." She muttered under her breath however before either of them could speak anymore they were interrupted by Kunikida's voice.

"Dammit that sorry waste of good bandages still isn't picking up, straight to voicemail." At those words Ryuunosuke forced himself to his feet, if he was going to confront the agency about Atsushi's strange appearance at his home on the prior night he needed to do it while Dazai wasn't going to be there. Ryuunosuke believed that due to the alliance between the agency and the mafia, that he would be perfectly fine in having a normal conversation with them. He was very wrong.