The wedding - part 1

"Osamu! Where the hell are you!" Chuuya screeched after leaving the bathroom of their shared hotel room. When he'd gone in earlier Dazai had collapsed asleep on their bed after the exhausting day of having to arrange everything for the next day.

But now Chuuya stood dripping wet with a towel around his waist as he tried to squeeze as much water as possible out of his hair. Just as he was going to check if the taller had hidden in one of the wardrobes he felt a pair of arms wrap around him. Without a second to spare Chuuya gripped his hand on the wrist of the individual and trapped them with their arms trapped painfully behind his back.

"Ow! Ow! Ow! Chibi, darling let me go! I was just joking! You're gonna break my wrist!" Dazai cried as his husband really was going to dislocate his wrist if he kept this up. Chuuya sighed in relief, it was just Dazai and his usual antics. He released his grip slightly but still made it so Dazai was unable to escape.

"Chuuya? Can you let me go?" He questioned starting to feel a little worried about what was happening.

"No I don't think I will," Chuuya leant down just next to Dazai's ear, Dazai could feel his breath against him. "Angel." Dazai's face quickly grew red at that nickname, he never failed to melt at the name.

"Darling let me go!" He shouted, he wanted to get away so Chuuya couldn't see him like this. Despite being married for nearly eight years he still acted like this when it came to his husbands flirting. Chuuya gave a laugh in response, he was going to tease his husband more but both of the men's attention was grabbed by a knocking at the door.

"Who is it?" Chuuya shouted across the room, if it was a nobody he'd just threaten them and go back to terrorising Dazai.

"Chuuya it's me, Ryuunosuke." Without hesitation Chuuya released Dazai and quickly raced to open the door. When Akutagawa was greeted with a barely covered Chuuya he coughed and looked away.

"I can wait until you're dressed." Chuuya had completely forgotten that he was dressed in the way he was.

A few minutes later Chuuya was sitting in front of Dazai who was drying his hair with a towel while he buttoned up an oversized shirt, probably stolen from Dazai. While Ryuunosuke sat opposite Chuuya playing with the ring which was on his left hand, fourth finger, by twisting it back and forth.

"Okay what's wrong? You've been doing that since you walked into the room." Akutagawa seemed to snap out of the daze he was in and looked towards Chuuya with worry in his eyes.

"Are you sure everything is going to go fine?"

"Why wouldn't it be? Me and Osamu have sorted everything, I doubt anything can go wrong." Chuuya tried to reassure him, but Akutagawa still felt restless.

"What if someone crashes it? I mean, that had a habit of happening back in the Mafia?"

"No one is going to come crashing in, you're not even Mafia anymore."

"What if someone at the event would ruin it?"

"Do tell, who would dare to do that to two ex-mafia members?"

"What if-"

"Ryuunosuke!" Dazai snapped, he didn't like snapping at Akutagawa in recent years, nor did he like using his first name, he always felt he didn't deserve to call him that, but this time he needed it.

"Tell me, where is Atsushi right now?" Akutagawa thought Dazai's question was a bit out of place but still answered.

"Probably asleep in bed." Dazai nodded.

"And where are you?"

"In your two's hotel room."

"So what is the difference between the two of you?" Akutagawa was going to give an obvious answer but then knew his ex-mentor wouldn't be doing this for a simple answer. He thought for a couple seconds before speaking.

"He's peacefully asleep, while I'm worrying about nothing..." Akutagawa murmured out. Dazai nodded, glad Akutagawa had gotten to the point himself.

"You go sleep. We will help the pair of you in the morning, if you don't sleep your future husband will worry about you tomorrow." Akutagawa shot up from his seat immediately, then quickly bowed in thanks and goodnight to the pair before leaving them alone.

"Well that was interesting. I'm kinda grateful we didn't have a wedding now. It seems way too stressful." Dazai allowed his body to fall back into the cushions.

"So you're saying you wouldn't have had a wedding given the choice?" Dazai shrugged his shoulders at his husband's question.

"Depends on what you wanted, if you didn't want it then no definitely not. If you did I would have ensured we had one. But due to the time and circumstances we were in, we had to make do." Chuuya nodded in agreement, although he was grateful for being able to get married when he did he regretted not being able to share that moment with others. Even if it had been a small event he would have been grateful.

The smaller lay his body next to Dazai's, but quickly hid beneath the covers as a better source of warmth than his husband.

"Am I not good enough to lay next to?" Dazai half complained and half joked. Chuuya pulled the covers closer to himself at his words.

"Your bandages are scratchy." He complained, turning his body away from Dazai. He wanted to go to sleep and forget about his and Dazai's lack of wedding.

Dazai could see Chuuya's uncomfort and remembered something that he thought might cheer him up.

"What if we did have a wedding?" Chuuya sat up at those words. But then gave a saddened tone.

"That can't happen, we're already married idiot." Dazai gave a light laugh.

"True, but we could renew our vows and have it like a wedding. I doubt anyone would object to the idea." Chuuya was liking this idea more and more.

"Wait, you'd really do that?" Chuuya was shocked, he didn't think Dazai liked big formal events.

"Of course, anything for my Chibi." He smirked at using that nickname. Chuuya then reached out and hugged him tightly.

"Thank you, thank you. Honestly you have no idea how happy this makes me." Dazai returned the hug, he always loved to see Chuuya happy.

"Although we should probably get tomorrow's wedding dealt with first. I imagine their going to be disasters. Both of them." Chuuya nodded, if he knew Akutagawa he would be panicking the whole morning. And if Dazai knew Atsushi, he would be worrying the whole morning too.