Chapter 2: When Darkness Falls, The Moon Rises ( part 2 )

( The next morning )

Fig and Rune were still on the island, and were watching the camp of a group of other dragon riders from a distance, they were hiding in a tree. Moon was hiding in a large bush while Beauty was nowhere to be seen. Fig was sketching the group of riders and their dragons in her journal, most of the sketches are of Toothless and Hiccup.

Rune: ( is nervous about being seen ) ( whispers, to Fig: ) As much as I am happy that Moon isn't the last of her kind, how do we know they won't kill us? The blonde girl with the Nadder looks like she could snap our necks like twigs.

Fig: ( whispers, teasingly, to Rune: ) Isn't that the type of girl you're into.

Rune: ( whisper shouts at Fig: ) Not the point!

Fig then hushed Rune, and they continued watching the dragon riders as three of them were working on, what Fig believed were outpost design ideas. The Nadder rider was working on a fortified looking outpost design, while the Gronkle rider was working on a more relaxing looking design, and Fig couldn't tell what the monstrous nightmare rider's design was supposed to be. Fig noticed that Hiccup was relaxing next to Toothless.

Rune: ( whispers, to Fig: ) What are they doing?

Fig: ( whispers back: ) Outpost designs. I think.

The two riders then saw that a fight broke out between the monstrous nightmare rider and the Gronkle rider after they reached for the same rock, which resulted in the monstrous nightmare rider to destroy the Gronkle rider's outpost design. Fig silently groaned as she couldn't hear what was going on from where they were.

Fig: ( whispers, to Rune: ) You and Beauty stay here, I'm going to go get a closer view of them.

Fig then stealthily climbed down the tree before Rune could say anything, and Moon followed her as she sneaked to another tree and large that was closer to the camp. Fig climbed up the tree and continued writing down her thoughts about  the dragon riders in her journal as one of the Zippleback riders sat down against a log with a chicken, Fig noticed that the rider looked exhausted. Moon hid in the large bush behind the tree.

Hiccup: ( to Tuffnut: ) You've really been out there all day looking for that dragon?

Fig raised her brow at this, and wrote it down as Hiccup and the twins were talking.

Ruffnut: Instead of digging our boat pit. Priorities, huh? ( lightly punched Hiccup's arm )

Hiccup: Or maybe he did see something. Maybe he saw the light fury and her rider I met last night.

Tuffnut: Oh, I saw something, and it wasn't that. ( to the chicken: ) You did too, you little backstabber. Tell them. ( the chicken squawks ) Aw, save it. You had your chance.

Fig then rolled her eyes as the two identical riders argued about if Tuffnut saw something or not.

Fig: ( writing down her thoughts: ) " The Zippleback riders seem to have the tendency of arguing with one another, as they are debating on if the male rider saw something, which the rider known as Hiccup questioned if it was me and Moon, but the male rider dismissed that theory. "

Fig then snapped out of her thoughts and continued watching what was happening in front of her.

Tuffnut: I officially declare Thorston Challenge...

Hiccup: ( confused ) Thorston what?!

Ruffnut: Accepted! Usual stakes?

Tuffnut: Of course.

Hiccup: Wha-What? Stakes?

Fig was confused about what was going on, but then decided to leave as she saw that Rune was having a quiet nervous breakdown in the tree they were hiding.

( Later that night )

Fig, Rune, Moon, and Beauty were back in their camp, and were sitting by the campfire they made. Fig was drawing in one of her journals again.

Rune: ( notices this ) Fig, I know you are excited about there being more dragon riders, but what if they aren't to be trusted? Especially the two identical ones, they seem a little crazy... ( pets Beauty, who purrs in response )

Fig: I know, but... I don't know... I just think, that dragon riders should stick together, I mean, it's not like this world is so accepting of us dragon riders-

They then heard a loud shriek of a dragon, making Rune and Beauty scared.

Rune: ( scared: ) What was that?!

Fig: I don't know. You two stay here, me and Moon will go check it out.

Fig then got on Moon, and they took off into the sky. Beauty quickly nuzzles her head to Rune for comfort, as she was shaking in fear.

Rune: It's okay, girl. I'm sure it's just the wind or something.... I hope.

When Fig and Moon got to the origin of the shriek they saw a large group of small terror-like dragons, and they saw the Zippleback riders and Hiccup on their dragons and watched as the twins captured the white one with a net, which on Moon and Fig's end, doesn't look good.

Fig: ( gasps in horror ) Rune was right! ( angrily: ) Come on, girl, let's go save that little guy.

Moon growled as they followed the three riders and two dragons to their camp from within the clouds above them.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

That's it for this chapter, I hope you like it

Feel free to comment on how well you think this misunderstanding that the twins just caused is going to go.

Till next time my agents of mischief 😜