Chapter 6: Bonding ( Part 3 )

The dragon riders and Toothless were walking towards the clubhouse, and they saw Moon standing outside of the clubhouse watching the sun as it was slowly setting, that's when Hiccup noticed that Toothless was looking at Moon and had a lot of salvia sticking out of his mouth.

Hiccup: ( to Toothless: ) What-what's gotten into you? What is all this... slobbering and panting?

Astrid: Isn't it obvious? He's in love. And I think he's not the only one.

Hiccup: What are you talking about, Astrid?

Tuffnut: Hiccup, the first thing you did when we got back from Berk was go see Fig and since that visit you won't stop talking about her, and something about journals? I don't know, I stopped paying attention after awhile.

Snotlout: Yeah, but why would she want a guy like Hiccup, when she could have a real viking like me?-

Suddenly an angry Moon came in, scooped Snotlout up, and tossed him hard onto the roof of the clubhouse, making the other riders wince while the twins laughed as Snotlout landed face first on the roof. When they got to the entrance to the clubhouse and opened the doors, they saw that Fig was using some kind of contraption made out of scrap metal and rope with a platform that she was standing on, to hold her up as she was hanging up banners in the clubhouse. Moon walked inside the clubhouse with a purr while the dragon riders were staring at Fig in shock, especially Hiccup. Fig's satchel was resting on the clubhouse's fireplace table.

Fig: ( To Moon,calm as she was not looking away from the banner she was hanging up: ) I know that purr, Moon. Whoever it is and whichever rooftop it is, get them down at once.

Moon groans in response and goes back outside to get Snotlout down from the roof. Fig turns and sees the riders, and gives them a nervous smile.

Fig: Oh, sorry, I didn't notice... Surprise?

Hiccup: What is this? ( gestures to Fig's contraption )

Fig: It's a lifterator, it's one of my many inventions. If you haven't noticed, I'm not exactly the tallest person here and I need some way to get to high up places without Moon.

Fig then jumped down the lifterator and landed on the ground on her feet.

Tuffnut: That was awesome.

Snotlout then came in with Moon as it was getting dark out.

Snotlout: Hey, Fig, your friend and their dragon are on the roof now, and Rune is covered in bruises and has a cut on their head.

Fig: Oh for the love of Thor! I knew I shouldn't have- Ugh. Come on, guys, Rune's got a surprise for you.

They walked outside, which now the sun has fully set, and they saw Rune and Beauty on the roof, Rune was covered in bruises and had a cut on their forehead, they were holding a lit torch while standing on the roof. The dragon riders were looking at them with confusion and shock, while Fig had an excited smile on her face.

Fig: I know that we probably have to fix them up later, but... ( happily: ) Rune's about to light up the night sky with colorful explosions!

Hiccup: ( to Fig: ) Their- Their about to what?

Tuffnut: Now, they're talking our language.

Ruffnut: I hope it's a big one.

Astrid: Rune, I think you should get down from there!

Rune: After I show you the power of alchemy! ( starts laughing while holding up the torch )

Hiccup: ( points to the laughing Rune ) ( to Fig: ) Is that normal or....

Fig: ( with a smile: ) They get really excited and happy whenever they get to do alchemy in front of others. Just let them have their fun, they're happy.

Rune then turned around and lit something behind them with the torch, then suddenly various balls of colorful light shot up into the night sky and exploded into colorful explosions of various colors. The Dragon riders watched in awe, especially the twins because of their love for explosions. Fig smiled happily as everyone watched the light show Rune had started.

Astrid: What are they...?

Rune: ( is light headed ) I call them " Fireworks ". Heh, get it? Because they need fire in order to work... Is the world spinning or is it just me?

Beauty picked Rune up by the back of their shirt before they could fall off the roof, and she placed them on the platform with the other riders and their dragons as they began watching the fireworks together. Tuffnut and Ruffnut helped Rune up, much to their confusion.

Ruffnut: ( to Rune: ) You, my friend, have now became a Thorston.

Tuffnut: ( to Rune: ) Welcome to the family!

Rune: ( is still light headed ) Huh? No offense, but- Actually, you two are probably better than my actual family... ( to the dragon riders: ) I'm glad you like it. You have no idea how many wolves I had to run away from to be able to do this, but it was worth it.

Fig: Again with the wolves, what's- Wait. Rune has finally said something about their family, it concerns me, but still.

Hiccup: ( nervously, to Fig: ) Maybe it means that everything will be okay for you guys being a part of the gang.

Fig looks at the dragon riders, before smiling warmly.

Fig: Yeah, I think you're right, Hiccup.

Moon purred as she watched the fireworks light up the night sky, and Toothless slowly made his way to stand next to her. As they continued to watch the fireworks light the sky above them, Hiccup glanced at Fig and saw the brightest smile he'd ever seen on her face as she watched the fireworks, he didn't notice that he blushed slightly at the sight of her smile and began smiled as he went back to watching the fireworks.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

That's it for this original episode, I hope you like it.

Feel free to comment on what was your favorite moment of Bonding.

Till next time my agents of mischief 😜