Chapter 16: Crushing It ( Part 1 )

( A/n: Like usual, not everything in the episode will be written in. Anyway enjoy the chapter! )

It was late at night on the edge. Everyone except for Fig, was asleep and at the clubhouse. Fig was wandering around the island with a charcoal pencil and journal in hand, looking for the new dragon she and the gang discovered on the island. Rune, Moon, and Beauty were following close behind Fig to make sure she doesn't get hurt like Hiccup asked Rune to.

Rune: ( in a whisper, to self: ) Why is Fig like this every time there's a new dragon?! You know what, the next time she's like this, I'm having Hiccup watch her. " It shouldn't be that hard " he says, oh-oh he's going to regret saying that soon enough.

Fig: ( to Rune, while looking for the rumblehorn, whispering: ) You know, I can hear you and relax, Rune... ( with a smile: ) we're just looking for a new dragon that's been tearing up the place.

Rune: ( Whispers, to Fig: ) How am I supposed to relax from hearing that?! ( groans ) ( to Fig, in normal volume: ) Let's just head back to base.

( Slight Time Skip )

When two riders and their dragons arrived at the base, they saw that it was completely trashed.

Rune: Oh my Thor! It demolished the place! Astrid is going to be upset when she sees this.

Fig: ( while looking at the damage with curiosity as she writes down what she's saying in the journal in her hands: ) Judging by the amount of damage, the rumblehorn charges at their opponents or at their targets, and impale them with its horns and it uses its tail like a club-

Fig stopped talking when Beauty flew into a nearby tree and hid in it when she looked up, Rune doing the same and followed their dragon. Fig and Moon looked at their friends with a shared confused expression. Fig then turned around to see the gang with a one legged and one handed Viking, and their dragons arrived at the base.

Fig: ( happily: ) Hey guys! Sorry, Hiccup, it made a mess again.

Hiccup silently groaned in frustration at the sight while Gobber looked around the group's home. Moon was protectively glaring at the Viking.

Gobber: Eh. Well, let's see what you've done with the place. It looks very, well...

Astrid: ( In frustration: ) Trashed?!

Gobber: Your words, not mine. ( gestures to Fig and Moon, while talking to Hiccup: ) Is this the lass and white night fury we've been talking about, Hiccup? She's a lot prettier than what you've said.

Fig looked at Hiccup with a raised brow and a slight smile with her hands on her hips.

Hiccup: ( avoiding Gobber's question: ) T-The Rumblehorn must have hit us while we were out chasing Gobber.

Tuffnut: Last chance. I can still club him. Come on, club, club, club. Join the club.

Gobber: As much as I love a good clubbing, even my own, it will have to wait. ( to Hiccup: ) I've come with disturbing news about your father.

Fig and Moon shared a worried look.

Hiccup: ( concerned: ) Is he alright?

Gobber: Oh, he's fine.

Hiccup: That's a relief.

Gobber: But, then again, not so fine.

Hiccup: Gobber, you're killing me. Is my father okay or not?

Gobber: Oh, he's fit as a dragon. Unfortunately, he's as ornery as one, too.

Toothless and Moon growled at Gobber, taking offense to his words, Fig quickly calmed the both of them by petting their heads, making them purr.

Gobber: ( to the two furies: ) No offense. ( to Hiccup: ) I've never seen him like this... angry, shouting at everyone.

Hiccup: Actually, that sounds like vintage Stoick the Vast to me.

Fig: Hiccup, I don't think your friend... ( to Gobber, politely: ) I'm sorry, I don't think I know your name yet...

Gobber: ( with a smile: ) It's Gobber, lass.

Fig: Thank you. ( to Hiccup, honestly: ) I don't think Gobber here would've sailed all the way here if it was a everyday normal thing.

Gobber: Exactly! You think I would have sailed in a boat by myself for a week if it were " vintage " Stoick the Vast, Hiccup? He's driving the village crazy!

Hiccup: All right, I guess I'd better see what's going on with him.

Gobber: Good idea.

Hiccup: ( offers to Gobber: ) You want to ride back with me and Toothless?

Gobber: Actually, I think I might stay a while, help repair your wee dragon base. See if I can offer up some of my dragon-killing experience to help defend against that Rumblehorn.-

Fig pulls out a dagger and points it at Gobber's throat as Moon growled at the Viking, who raised his hand and hook up in surrender.

Fig: ( menacingly and sternly: ) We don't kill dragons here...

Hiccup carefully pulls Fig away from Gobber and carefully takes the dagger out of her hand, Fig was still glaring at Gobber.

Gobber: Anyway... ( to Hiccup: ) If there's time, I'll take Tuffnut up on that clubbing.

Tuffnut: It works with Ruffnut.

Hiccup: ( to Gobber: ) I get it. So basically, you're hiding out from my father.

Gobber: One might look at it that way.

Hiccup: ( To Fig: ) What about you, Fig? Want to come? You get to finally see Berk and maybe visit Gustav while we're there.

Fig: ( is hesitant on the idea of going to a village. ) Uh, thanks, Hiccup, but no thanks. Um... me and Rune are busy with trying to find the Rumblehorn so I could document it in my journals.

Fig then gets on Moon and takes off, Rune and Beauty left the tree and followed after her in the skies before anyone could say anything or try to stop her from searching for the Rumblehorn.

Gobber: Is it just me, or did I just see a rider on a pink dragon?

Astrid: ( to Gobber: ) That's Rune and their dragon, Beauty. They're... very shy.

Gobber: Ah, non-binary I see. I don't judge.

Hiccup: ( sighs in defeat, as he was hoping that Fig would come with him to Berk ) ( to Toothless: ) Well, bud, I guess we're off to Berk.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

That's it for this chapter, I hope you like it

Till next time my agents of mischief 😜