Chapter 12: Reign of Fireworms ( Part 2 )

Fig and the dragon riders went to the clubhouse after getting Fig away from and preparing defenses against the fireworms, which Fig was slightly upset that the dragon riders were keeping her away from learning about the fireworms.

Hiccup: Okay, Fig, you, Astrid, and Fishlegs filled the watering troughs, right? And stayed away from the fireworms?

Fig: ( groans ) Yes.

Astrid: We topped off all the barrels too.

Fishlegs: And Fig found the perfect cave for the night terrors and Modi. High enough and desolate enough so the flames won't get near them.

Fig: The safety of the dragons always comes first.

Snotlout: What about us?

Fig: Meh.

Hiccup: Perfect. Good job, guys. Now if Rune and the twins would finally get back, we can find out what they've done.

Fig: ( honestly: ) Last time I saw them, the twins kinda dragged Rune with them and called them their " Third Twin ". I just hope they're staying away from the wolves, for Rune's sake.

Snotlout: Oh, I can tell you what they've done. Zero, zip, zilch. I'm forgetting something. Oh, yeah, goose egg. And Rune is probably cowering somewhere.

Fig: ( angrily, under her breath while glaring at Snotlout: ) I could throw him to the fireworms...

Hiccup heard Fig, and placed his hand on her shoulder, making her calm down slightly.  That's when Rune and the twins flew in, Rune was holding a satchel with the letters " RG " sewn on the strap.

Tuffnut: On contrary, my fine fellow, we have done quite a lot actually.

Hiccup: Did you clear the brush?

Tuffnut: Uh, no.

Rune: I tried, got chased by wild boars, thankfully the twins saved me and Beauty just in time.

Hiccup: Build a fire break?

Ruffnut: Nope, not that.

Rune: Again, I tried, but I accidentally stepped on a fireworm's tail, which caused a bunch of them to chase me and Beauty, again the twins saved us.

Astrid: How about water? Did you bring any back?

Tuffnut: Me and Ruff couldn't. Too busy.

Rune: ( happily: ) But I did.

Rune then pulled out two jugs of water from their satchel.

Rune: I got a jug for every one of us.

Hiccup: ( to Rune: ) Thank you, Rune. ( to the Twins: ) Busy with what?!

Ruffnut: Finding something awesome.

Rune: To them, in my opinion, it's confusing.

( Slight Time Skip )

Rune and the twins took the group and their dragons to a big rock on a cliff on the edge.