Chapter 13: Reign of Fireworms ( Part 3 )

It has been a few days since Fig had begun researching the Fireworms, which Fig and Moon were still with the fireworms, and there was a bunch more fireworms surrounding them, making cute little chirps and purrs at the rider and light fury. Moon was mentally counting how many fireworms were around them, as she was trying to keep count of how many there were. Fig was talking out loud as she was sitting on a boulder with her journal in her hand and one of the fireworms sitting on the boulder with her.

Fig: Okay, let's review what we've learned so far. ( reads what she wrote in the journal out loud: ) " Fireworms. A small Stoker class dragon with four or five pairs of legs and glowing bodies. They're able to control their body temperature and glow and can express themselves to be hotter than the sun, have incredible speed and agility due to their small size, as well as they have incredible endurance and stamina. They travel in large groups, and, while one aren't very dangerous, in large numbers they can defeat any threat they go up against. They are golden brown with tan spots in color, are roughly 2 inches long in size, and weigh about 12 ounces with a wingspan of 1/2 inch. Though they are very destructive, when they're bonded with a person... "

Fig lowers her hand to the fireworm sitting on the boulder beside her, and it dulled down it's body temperature before going in her hand as to not hurt her.

Fig: ( with a smile: ) ...they'll turn down their body temperature so you could touch them. ( to the fireworm: ) Ain't that right, Bitty?

The fireworm made a cute happy little roar in response, and it began purring as Fig gently scratched under it's chin. Then the of fireworms dulled down their body temperatures before climbing onto Moon, who only purred at them in response, as she found their behavior adorable.

Fig: The gang are going to love this discovery, Moon, especially the twins, when they see how friendly these little guys can be if you know how to interact with them. ( gasps as she gets an idea ) ( with a huge smile: ) Maybe, that's how we can fix this! If we tame the fireworms together and have them bond with everyone on the island, they can migrate here and the island won't get burned down because they turned down their body heat so none of us get hurt by them. We gotta tell the gang!

( Slight Time Skip, at Nightfall )

By the time Fig and Moon found the other riders, they saw that Rune and the other riders were trying to reroute the fireworms around their island as more were coming to the island. Fig looked at all the destruction the fireworms caused, and sighs in defeat. The fireworms on Moon back and Fig's shoulder looked up at the dark brown eyed rider with worry.

Fig: I'm sorry, little guys, but... You need to migrate elsewhere... ( gets an idea ) and I think I know how.

( A few minutes later )

Rune and the riders have noticed the "  Fireworm Queen " approaching the island.

Rune: ( scared: ) Hiccup, is that...

Fishlegs: Fireworm Queen! If she's here, then the entire flock can't be far behind it.

Rune then squints their eyes and their eyes widened in shock.

Hiccup: Well, that settles it. Grab what you can-