Chapter 4: Bonding ( Part 1 )

( A/n: This OE [ Original episode ] takes place when the riders get back to the edge after the events of Big Man on Berk. I hope you like it )

Rune and Beauty watched as the dragon riders got back to Dragon's Edge, Beauty was hiding behind some bushes. Rune knew that the riders had a rough day by the looks of them. Rune had some of their alchemy equipment set up on a table, in front of them as they were working on something.

Rune: ( to the dragon riders: ) I'm guessing that Scauldron gave you guys some trouble?

Astrid: Sort of. Long story, don't worry about it.

Rune: ( confused: ) Alrighty then...

Tuffnut: What's all this weird stuff? ( points to Rune's alchemy equipment )

Rune: Oh, that's just my alchemy equipment, I got bored and Fig has been working on her hut all day, so.... I started working on a little something out of boredom.

Snotlout then looked at the bowl of weird black and yellow striped berries, and picked one up in curiosity.

Snotlout: What are these?

Rune: Do not eat that! That's an Eel Berry.

As soon as the dragon caught the scent of the eel berries, they went to hide with Beauty, shocking the dragon riders and making Rune feel sorry for saying the name of the berry out loud.

Hiccup: Ah, Rune, what's an Eel Berry exactly?

Rune: ( knowingly, not knowing that Tuffnut ate one of the berries out of curiosity while the dragon riders looked at Tuffnut with blank expressions: ) Eel Berries are berries that smell and are colored like eels, if eaten by a dragon, the dragon will go in a nauseous state that'll last for about ten hours. I've been working on making a cure for the effects for the dragons in case they accidentally eat one.

Astrid: And if eaten by a viking?

Rune: The viking's immune system will reject the berry immediately and will try to get rid of the substance of the berry by-

Tuffnut then ran behind a tree and started puking, making Rune look at the male twin with a dumbfounded expression.

Rune: -vomiting the substance out, that could last for twelve hours... ( sighs in disappointment ) Luckily for Tuff, I already made a cure for vikings.

Ruffnut: ( laughs ) Cure in a few hours, it's fun to watch.

Rune: Yeah, no.

Hiccup: Okay, gang, stay with Rune in case they need help. ( to Rune: ) You said that Fig and Moon are in her section of the island?

Rune: ( has started working on making the Eel Berry cure for Tuffnut ) Yes, she has been focusing on making her hut, and documenting all the dragon species on the island all day, which is normal Fig stuff.

Hiccup: Thanks.

Rune then raised their brow as Hiccup got on Toothless and took off.

Rune: Um.... Is that normal for Hiccup?

Astrid: In the case that Moon is a new dragon to us and is like Toothless... Yes.