Chapter 28: Have Dragon Will Travel ( Part 2 of Part 2 )

( With Clover and the girls )

Heather and Astrid were throwing axes at targets in front of them, while Fig was teaching little Clover how to...fire a bow and arrow. Clover was holding Rune's bow, which Fig had borrowed from Rune, and Clover was trying to draw the arrow back and was trying to aim at the target in front of her and Fig.

Fig: ( to Clover, calmly: ) Now, there's a good girl. Draw all the way back now, to your cheek.

Clover does her best to draw the arrow all the way back to her cheek while Heather made worried glances at her adoptive daughter and her new friend.

Fig: ( to Clover: ) That's right. Keep both eyes open, and.... Loose!

Clover let's the arrow loose, and it flew pass the target, and out of their sight.

Clover: I missed.

Heather: Go and fetch it then, sweetie.

Clover then hands the bow to Fig before taking off to find the arrow, Windshear quickly gets up to follow the young Moon-Howler while Moon and Stormfly are relaxing on the sidelines.

Fig: ( to Heather: ) She didn't do that bad for her first arrow. She just needs some practice and she'll probably become a sharp shooter like Rune.

Heather smiled at Fig in response as Astrid held two axes in her hands and threw them at two targets ahead, both axes reached bullseyes.

Astrid: ( to Heather and Fig: ) Two axes are better than one and some arrows.

Heather and Fig were both impressed, but they both took it as a challenge.

Heather: ( to Astrid: ) True. Unless you have one of these.

Heather took out her foldable, double-bladed  axe and threw it at a target. The axe spun in the air before landing on one of the targets, it was close to Astrid's axe by a few inches.

Astrid: ( to Heather: ) You really have to show me how you made that!

Fig: ( to Astrid and Heather: ) Axes are good for close combat and stuff, but you can see when an axe is coming towards you. But a properly fired arrow...

Fig then fired three arrows at the same time, and all three of them hit three of the targets in front of the girls, all three of them perfectly landed a bullseye. Heather and Astrid were both impressed.

Fig: . . .can bring an element of surprise. Especially where it lands on your opponent.

Clover then ran back to the group on Windshear's back and with the arrow in her mouth like a dog, making Fig, Heather, and Astrid laugh.

Heather: ( to Clover: ) Good job, sweetie.

Fig: Anyway, surprise tactic, always my favorite.

Astrid: ( to Fig, with a knowing smile: ) It's also Hiccup's favorite tactic.

Fig: ( to Astrid: ) I can tell.

Windshear then walked back to Moon and Stormfly to relax with them, taking Clover with her. Heather then looked at Fig with a curious expression after hearing the mention of Hiccup, Fig was getting ready to fire another arrow at a target in front of her.