Chapter 21: Shatter Rune ( Part 3 )

( A/n: This chapter takes place after the events of " Quake, Rattle, and Roll ". Also warning, there's a censored swear. )

It was night, Rune and Beauty were slowly making their way to the clubhouse with the Terrible Terror, to join the rest of the group for dinner. When they got there, Hiccup was trying to calm the still upset Fig, who was muttering curses under her breath while the rest of the gang watched, the twins were watching in amusement while the others didn't know what to do. Rune opened the door, gaining Fig's attention as she was holding a sword in her hands, making Hiccup sigh in relief and he took the sword away from Fig.

Fig: ( to Rune, with concern: ) Hey, Rune, how are you doing?

Rune: I'm... holding myself together.

Snotlout: That's great, Rune, but can you explain why Fig has been acting berserk?

Rune: ( looks away with a sad expression )Something... happened.

The riders quickly became concerned by how Fig and Rune were acting and Beauty nuzzled Rune's cheek to comfort them.

Astrid: ( to Rune, placing her hand on their shoulder: ) Hey, what's going on?

Rune: ( sighs in defeat ) I guess now's a better time to tell you guys than never.

The terrible terror slowly walked into the clubhouse and quickly ran to hide under Beauty's wing when it saw that there was other humans inside the clubhouse. Fig looked at Rune with a worried expression as she knew what Rune was going to tell the group.

Rune: Today, a... a letter from my dad and uncle arrived..

Snotlout: ( confused: ) Isn't that a good thing?

Rune: ( sighs ) Not in this case. ( to the group, with sadness in their eyes: ) I... I come from a long, long, line of dragon hunters from my father and uncle's side. My father and uncle weren't the greatest family figures, especially after I came out to them as non-binary. I was trained to be like them, killers, but I... I never had the guts to actually hurt a living being. When I was ten, I ran away with Beauty to escape that kind of lifestyle, but... My father and uncle would send a messenger terror to track me down and deliver a letter to me from them, trying to get me to go back to them that basically says " enough with this no gender and not a hunter act and come back to us ", and ( holding back their tears ) every time I get the letters, I... I...

Astrid: ( to Rune, with a serious expression: ) Hey, that doesn't matter. You're better off without them.

Snotlout: Yeah, I mean, okay, I admit the whole not fighting thing is weird but-

Fig: ( Beep ) your father and uncle.

Rune: Language, Fig.

Fig: I am only saying what we are all thinking. I am also planning to shove a sword down their throats if I ever meet them.

Hiccup: ( to Rune: ) Anyway... Astrid's right, if they refuse to accept the person you are, you shouldn't have them in your life. As long as you and Fig are here, Rune, you both are a part of our family.

The rest of the group agreed to Hiccup's statement, making Rune smile slightly at their words.

Rune: ( with a smile, to the group: ) Thanks, guys. That means a lot to me... Oh, I almost forgot about this, but... Everyone meet...

Rune slowly lifted Beauty's wing up, to show the scared Terrible Terror hiding under her wing.

Rune: ... Tesha, she's the messenger terror that sent me the letter, and I'm planning on keeping her.

Fig: ( knowingly, with a smile: ) " Tesha ", isn't that your mother's name?

The riders looked at Rune and the rescued terrible terror, now known as " Tesha ".

Rune: Yeah, it means " survivor ", and it seems to fit her...

Rune then slowly picked Tesha up, and gave their new dragon some chin scratches, making the small dragon calm down and purr in response.

Astrid: Welcome to the Edge, Tesha. We got your back from now on.

Hiccup: ( to Rune: ) And we got your back as well.

Tuffnut: That's right, no one hurts our third twin on our watch. Right, Ruffnut?

Ruffnut: Right.

Snotlout: ( to Fig, trying to hit in her: ) And I got your back too, bab-

Protective roars are heard coming from outside. Moon swooped in, grabbed Snotlout, and tossed him to Freya outside, Freya tail smacked Snotlout into the water with a protective growl. The twins laughed in amusement to what happened.

Ruffnut: Again!

Fig: As much as I love seeing how protective my dragons are of me, let's not.

Rune smiled happily as they looked at their friends and their dragons, they felt as if they had found a better family than the one they were born into.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

That's it for this Original episode, I hope you like it

Feel free to comment on what you thought about this original episode and what your favorite moment was.

Till next time my agents of mischief 😜