Chapter 24: Have Dragon Will Travel ( Part 3 of Part 1 )

The Dragon Riders had followed Beauty to the island filled with sea slugs and boars.

Astrid: ( to the group: ) Has anyone considered what we're gonna do if we actually find this Razorwhip and Moon-Howler?

Tuffnut: You can marry it and raise the Moon-Howler as your own.

Fig and Rune looked at Tuffnut with dumbfounded expressions at his suggestion, while Astrid wasn't impressed by Tuff's suggestion.

Astrid: And what if Dagur's riding it and is raising the kid?

Tuffnut: Well, then Ruffnut or Rune can have him.

Rune: ( to Tuffnut as Ruffnut glares at her twin, even more dumbfounded: ) Excuse me?!

Tuffnut: ( ignores Rune and Ruffnut ) It will be complicated, but I will one day learn to love him as my own.

Astrid: ( trying to stop Tuffnut's weird rant: ) Um, Tuffnut...

Tuffnut: Like a little babe, a child that I carry in my arms. But he's too heavy.

Something in the distance then caught Hiccup and Fig 's eyes.

Fig: Guys, looks! A campfire.

Tuffnut: This dragon and kid builds campfires?

Astrid: ( to Hiccup: ) Give me the " Thorston Twins serve a purpose " speech again. Quickly?

Tuffnut: Yeah! I've only heard the " Thorston Twins are muttonheads " speech, which is very good.

Rune: There's a speech to remind people of their purpose?

Fig: I'm honestly not surprised. But now's not the time for speeches.

Hiccup: Fig's right.

Once they landed on the campsite, they found Bucket and Mulch's stolen hen sitting on top of my crates that were stacked on one another. Beauty sniffed around the campsite, looking for sea slugs while Toothless was sticking close to Moon as he wanted to make sure she was protected in case the Razorwhip was nearby.

Fig: It's the hen the Moon-Howler stole.

Snotlout: The wolf kid didn't eat it?

Rune: Strange.

Hiccup: And the crates could be the loot from the ship.

The hen then jumped off the crates and ran to the riders, Rune picked the chicken up and held the hen in their arms.

Rune: Poor thing. ( to the hen: ) Don't worry, once this is over, we'll take you back to your home.

Fig and Hiccup then spotted some rocks with gashes on them, while Rune and Astrid spotted branches with bite marks on them.

Hiccup: And these gashes look familiar.

Astrid: Same goes for the bite marks on these branches.

Rune: And judging by the size of these bite marks, the Moon-Howler can't be no older than 4 or 5 years old.