Chapter 9: Gone Gustav Gone ( Part 3 )

It was the next morning, Fig was on Moon with a pissed expression as she and Rune were helping the riders search the island for Gustav and FangHook, who both went missing. Fig hasn't said a word to Hiccup all morning, which was eating him as he was trying to figure out what he did to upset her, Snotlout and the twins were finding it amusing. Smidvarg was sitting on Moon's back with Fig, sticking his tongue out happily as he was enjoying the breeze. The riders then regrouped, and land in front of the stables.

Hiccup: Anything?

Rune: Fig told me to tell you that she'd checked the clubhouse, your hut, the stables, and the entire northeast section of the island. I checked my hut and my entire section of the island.

Fishlegs: Nothing else is on fire around here, so he must be gone.

Hiccup: Well, we have to find him.

Tuffnut: Or do we?-

Fig pulled a hammer out of her satchel and threw it at Tuffnut, it hit him in the back of his head. Smidvarg fetched the hammer and gave it back to Fig.

Tuffnut: Ow! Not cool!

Ruffnut: ( laughs ) Do it again.

Snotlout: I agree with Tuffnut. Why are we worried? Shouldn't we be celebrating the fact that he's gone?-

A plasma blast was suddenly fired at Snotlout, it barely missed Snotlout's head by an inch, the riders turn to see a very pissed Fig and Moon death glaring at Snotlout.

Snotlout: Whoa!

Rune: ( to the dragon riders: ) Okay, all of you, choose your words carefully, or the light fury and her rider will end you!

Hiccup: ( to Snotlout: ) Not until we know he's safe.

Ruffnut: Well, we could ask FangHook.

Fig then saw FangHook in the distance behind Snotlout, heading towards them, panicked.

Snotlout: And Ruffnut, how do you suppose we do that-

Fig: ( relieved: ) FangHook!

Fig quickly went to comfort the distressed monstrous nightmare as soon as the dragon landed.

Tuffnut: FangHook, where's Gustav, boy? Where's Gustav?

FangHook just roared and light himself on fire in response.

Tuffnut: Ah! He's not talking, you guys! He's completely shut down. Typical.

Fig approached FangHook slowly and looked it's his eyes, he slowly calmed down as he looked at Fig's eyes.

Fig: Easy, boy, easy.

As soon as FangHook's flames died down, Hiccup checked for any injuries, which there was none.

Hiccup: Well, doesn't look like he's injured.

Fishlegs: But he's definitely upset.

Fig: ( to Fishlegs, sarcastically: ) Oh really? I didn't notice. ( notices something on FangHook's horn ) Wait, I see something. Somebody that isn't Hiccup, give me a lift.