Chapter 20: Shatter Rune ( Part 2 )

Fig was outside with Moon, talking to herself with an outraged expression on her face as she was blowing off steam from what Rune told her. Rune was inside their hut with Beauty, and was taking care of the Terrible Terror that delivered the letter to them. The Terrible Terror had multiple scars on it's body, and it had wounds on its face because of the muzzle. Rune held the small dragon in their arms with a sad smile, the small dragon was scared and confused as to why Rune wasn't acting aggressive towards it. Rune then began singing a song that their mother taught them to calm the terror down as they grabbed the stuff they needed to treat the dragon's wounds, Rune's voice was soft and soothing.

Rune: ( singing: ) Never told you, but I meant to. Before I could begin. Even then, I loved you even then.

Rune continued to sing as they grabbed a bottle of a liquid that was labeled " Disinfectant. Don't drink it, Tuffnut " and they then grabbed a small box of cotton balls.

Rune: ( singing: ) See my heart is scared of places, that its never been. But even then, I loved you even then...

Rune then carefully placed the now calmed down Terrible Terror on their work table and took the muzzle off the small dragon as they continued to sing to keep the small dragon calm.

Rune: ( singing: ) If my voice should start to tremble, If I am shaking... I love you now, like I loved you even then.

Beauty then made soft purrs that sound like she was singing with Rune, making the rider smile softly as they poured disinfectant on a cotton ball and began gently rubbing disinfectant on the wounds on the terror's face.

Rune: ( singing: ) See my heart is scared of places, that its never been. Even when my heart won't stop pounding, even then...

Once Rune was done putting the disinfectant on the Terror's wounds, Beauty went outside and came back with a fish for the small dragon and she gave it to the terror, who happily ate it.

Rune: ( singing: ) I'll keep on even then, I loved you even then.

Rune continued singing as they put the bottle of disinfectant and box of cotton balls back in their place.

Rune: ( singing with a sad smile: ) Even if, it's uphill now. Even when, there's no words how. When my heart pounds this loud, even then...

Rune stopped singing when they heard someone knock on the door, and they opened the door to see Fishlegs and Meatlug with several more Gronkles outside behind the Gronkle rider. Rune knew by just looking at the stray gronkles, that the gronkles were in rough shape.

Fishlegs: Hi, Rune, I don't mean to be a bother but... I was hoping you could let these gronkles stay with you and Beauty for awhile they've been-

Rune: ( calmly, with a smile: ) No need to explain, of course they can stay with me and Beauty for a while. I can tell they've had been through something rough.

Fishlegs: Thank you, Rune.

Rune then walked up to one of the stray gronkles, and the boulder class dragon wagged it's tail happily as the non-binary rider gave it some chin scratches.

Rune: How come these guys aren't at Deep Dark island?

Fishlegs: You've been in Deep Dark? I thought I was the first Viking to step foot on the island.

Rune: ( honestly: ) Well, we didn't step foot on the island, we just defended it from hunters one time. So, you're still the first to step foot on it.

Fishlegs: Cool, wait... Rune, presay that a giant boulder class dragon was chasing the gronkles away from their home and I wanted to-

Rune: ( knowingly: ) to get these get back to their home. ( to Fishlegs, honestly: ) I say that you should think things through before doing something crazy.

Fishlegs and Rune then jumped when they heard a angered yell in the far distance and heard a plasma blast and the sound of a tree falling down.

Fishlegs: Ah....

Rune: Fig is just letting out her anger out of something that you don't need to worry about at the moment.

Fishlegs: Alright... Thanks for the advice, Rune.

Rune: No problem, Fishlegs. I'm just glad to help. ( to the stray Gronkles as Fishlegs and Meatlug left: ) Alright, now, let's get all of you settled.

The camera then zooms into Rune's hut, to two portraits, one was a hand painted portrait of Rune as a kid smiling while holding a baby Beauty in their arms, and the other was of kid Rune frowning while standing beside two men, one was bald and was holding a sword, and the other was holding a Maces and Talons game piece in one hand and the other was on kid Rune's shoulder.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

That's it for this chapter, I hope you like it

Till next time my agents of mischief 😜