Chapter 11: Reign of Fireworms ( Part 1 )

Fig was outside her hut with Moon and Modi, and she was finishing a sketch for the Shockjaw page in one of her tidal class journals.

Fig: Alright... almost done-

Fig then sees two tiny dragons land on Modi's horns, and she looks at them with curiosity.

Fig: ( gasps ) Aw, they're so bitty. Where did you come from, you little angels...

Fig then noticed the warmth coming from the tiny dragons as she went to touch them, realizing this, she pulled her hand away and looked at the tiny dragons with curiosity.

Fig: Interesting... You appear to have the ability to raise your body heat, making you little ones stoker class dragons. ( to Moon: ) Moonie, can you fetch the unfinished Stroker class journals. We must document these dragons, in the name of knowledge!

Moon playfully rolls her eyes before going inside the hut, and coming back with a journal with a red cover and the stoker class crest on it. Fig happily takes it from the light fury, and wipes the saliva off the journal before opening it.

Fig: Okay, Modi, be careful to not drop our new tiny, friends.

Modi purred in response, and stood as still as possible, so he didn't startle the little dragons on his horns.

( Meanwhile with Rune and the other dragon riders )

Rune was on Beauty as they were flying over the now lit forest of the edge with the other riders.

Fishlegs: It began with one fireworm, and as we were flying back, we kept seeing more and more.

Rune: Maybe they're migrating?

Hiccup: If they were migrating, the whole island would be on fire.

Fishlegs: Not necessarily.

Snotlout: Here we go!

Fishlegs: When Fireworms migrate, they send out scouts to see if their migration route is safe. If this is a stop along that route...

Astrid: An entire flock of Fireworms could be coming through here.

Rune: ( blankly and honestly under their breath: ) And we wouldn't see Fig for weeks...

Tuffnut: Well, I say bring 'em on! I love those little scorchers.

Hiccup: Are you still gonna love them when they all land here and burn our entire island to the ground?

Tuffnut: Yes! Wait, no. Wait, is that a trick question? Because it's very tricky.

Rune then looks down at the ground below them and their eyes widened.

Rune: Uh, guys...

Astrid: Fishlegs, how much time do we have?

Rune: Guys...

Fishlegs: Uh, it's hard to say. If it's a full migration, the rest of them could be here as soon as next week.

Rune: Guys...

Snotlout: Huh, good to know. It's been nice knowing you, island. Snotlout is outlout!-

Hiccup: We're not abandoning the island, Snotlout.

Snotlout: Uh, yeah, we are. Watch.

Rune and Beauty stopped Snotlout before he and Hookfang could leave by blocking their way.

Rune: And people say I'm the coward.

Snotlout: Hey!

Hiccup: Guys, we put too much hard work into this place to just leave. Snotlout is not " outlout ". We're staying. Now let's get to work.

Rune: Great, but can we save Fig first? She's currently in learning mode and is surrounded by fireworms, who have made a circle around her!

The Dragon riders quickly looked down and saw that Rune wasn't joking, Fig currently had a bunch of Fireworms surrounding her in a circle as she was writing in her journal, Moon and Modi can be seen watching the scene, not sure if they should pull Fig out of it as the fireworms weren't acting aggressive towards the girl.

Hiccup: Oh, for the love of Thor.

Rune: ( to the riders: ) I'll be honest, this isn't the craziest thing I've seen happen whenever me and her discover a new dragon. I once saw her give a triple stryke a belly rub, ten seconds after it tried to kill us.

The dragon riders looked at them in confusion.

Rune: I'll tell you some other time, right now we need to make sure Fig stays safe.

Snotlout: She seems fine.

Rune: You haven't known Fig long enough to know the kinds of stuff she can be in without knowing and when you least expect it.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

That's it for this chapter, I hope you like it

Till next time my agents of mischief 😜