#36 - I'm too short!

Hi!

I need some advice. I am sort of shorter than the people in my class. I am younger in age too (that doesn't matter). I just wanna get taller. It may be my genes as neither of my parents is tall.

But I really need some advice on the same.

::

Hello!

Okay, so I'll be straight up honest with you here.

You need to learn to be comfortable with your height. Accept yourself, because letting it become a big problem in your life could hinder you from having fun and just being yourself - and we don't want that!

You need to understand a couple of things.

1. It's genetic - like you said, neither of your parents are tall. Height is largely inherited, meaning that chances are you'll inherit the same genes. You can't change that much, which may sound saddening, but it shouldn't be. It's part of you.

2. Puberty and growth spurts happen - if you're younger than the rest of your class, it may be that you haven't reached your growth spurt yet and they have. Not to worry, because you'll eventually reach yours and they will have stopped theirs, so just be patient and you'll get there.

3. You won't get taller overnight - so relax. Stop making your height such a big problem in your life. You'd be surprised at how many people care that you're short - very few - because it doesn't change that you're an awesome person to be around. Friends don't give two shits about their friends' height, because it doesn't matter. So why should you make it matter?

***

Apparently, eating lots of proteins and getting plenty of sleep are key to body growth (I googled it) and so this could help you grow taller. Also, you could begin wearing heels if you'd like to appear taller than you are. If you choose to do so, rock 'em shoes, gurl!

But, being short is not as big of a deal as you think. Learn to love yourself, despite and in spite of your height. Attached is a nice little video that I found on Youtube, The Perks of Being Short. Give it a try and hopefully it will give you some much needed inspiration.

It's alright to be short. You shouldn't feel inadequate in any way - besides, science tells us that shorter people tend to live longer! ;)

Stay cool!

Love,

-genie_us x