#71 - I want to kiss her!

Dear Agony Aunt,

So there is this girl I have known and liked for five years. I recently found out that she liked me for those five years, and that's amazing but I can't celebrate just yet.

Recently, we were hanging out with another couple of friends playing truth or dare, and because they knew about me and her, the dare came up for me to kiss her. I would have, but I thought she didn't want to.

Later that day she texted me and told me that she wanted me to kiss her and says she wants to "do something" with me. What do I do?! If I want to do something, how do I do it???

~ A Rather Distraught Boy

::

Hi!

Sorry again for the late reply, but can I just say that THIS IS SO CUTE?!!!!

I'll get right to it.

I think that now that you know she likes you, you should just keep texting each other. Talk about things, get to know each other, flirt a bit...😉

And eventually, going on a date will come up. Ask her out. Ask her if she wants to see a movie with you or something like that.

A lot of the time, girls wait for the guy to make the first move. This may seem like a lot of pressure on you, but just remember that she's probably just as nervous as you are!

If you feel comfortable enough, why not tell her that you're a bit scared? That kills two birds with one stone: (1) girls love when guys can be vulnerable (2) she admit that she is too, and you may feel a stronger bond because of that.

Also, you may let her know that you would like to take it slowly. Just because she wants to 'do something' doesn't mean that you have to do it. If you don't want to, or if you aren't comfortable doing it yet, then just tell her that you'd like to know her better.

But at the end of the day, you just have to take in a deep breath and just go for it. You can either ask her out on a date, or if you're in school or something, ask to go on a walk to somewhere private. Like you really just have to make yourself do it.

And when you feel her lips on yours, you'll realize that it was all worth it!

Also, try not to overthink it. That's usually where things begin to get all messy. Go with the flow. And don't beat yourself up if it doesn't go well, because it may be awkward at first, but if you two really do like each other, that shouldn't matter.

Just go for it.

Do tell how it goes!

Love,

genie_us xx