#3 - New School Advice

Hey genie_us!

I'm attending a new school, can you please give me some advice?

::

Hey!

Brace yourself everybody, it's time to go back to school. Gone are the days where you could wake up at one o'clock in the afternoon and do nothing the whole day...trust me, I'm not too happy about it either lol

Like I've been trying to remind myself how to write yea, I try and pick up a pen but my fingers are like "how do I hold you, dear foreign item?" And I just stare at my maths holiday homework and my brain cells just kill themselves.

#Idigress

Starting a new school is one of the scariest things you'll have to do in your school life, if you know what I mean. It'll be such a whirlwind of emotions, where you're scared and frightened and then you're lonely and then you feel awkward and lost...

But new experiences are always like that, ya know? You've just gotta go and wing it!

Here are a few pointers that will hopefully boost your confidence before you return.

Look your best 

Wear something that makes you look good. Casual, not overstated, but still attractive at the same time. Buy some new clothes for school, and how about that amazing bag you saw at Forever 21?Personally, I feel great going to school and getting to wear my new shit, and it could be just as simple as a bracelet. Still, make an eeffort to look your best!

Let me get one thing straight here, though. You are not doing this for everyone else. You're doing this for you.

Why?

First of all, knowing that you look great will give you that extra wave of confidence to get you about your day. Looking good on the outside does make you feel good on the inside, and you'll find yourself spreading these positive vibes to anyone and everyone you get to meet!

Secondly, first impressions are important. How you carry and dress yourself does tell a lot about you, and whether you like it or not, people will judge you from their very first glance at you. That's just how school works in general, wherever you are. 

Keeping your head high and dressing well means that you'll find yourself in a good place. More people like to be associated with confident and well-groomed people, so do try and take the trouble.

If you wear school uniform, this can still apply. Think about it. Even though you're all wearing the same thing, there's certain things that distinguish someone who doesn't give two shits and someone who looks presentable. For instance, how you do your hair  or how your clothes fit.

Whatever you're wearing, make it look good on you. You should aim for the balance between 'socially acceptable' (you don't want to look like such a nun) and 'teacher approved' (you don't want to look like a slut either).

This is basically just a way to boost your confidence. (Just don't get arrogant).

Be brave

You don't know anyone, so you've got to try and make some friends. It's scary, because you don't know what to say or how to approach people.

But, chances are, every other new person is just as scared as you are. That could be where you start; with the newbies who are just like you. 

What you've got to do is just breath in deep and start talking to someone. Anyone. See a group of people who look like they're pretty cool? Don't be afraid to say hi to them!