Chapter 2

Iris ;)
   My first stop was my shit whole apartment. I've been to busy with work to keep it clean. I unlocked the door and let the awful smell fill my nostrils. I work so much that I'm really never home.
     I walked past trash, food, cans, anything you name it I walked on it and over it. Until I reached the door to my room. I opened it and the smell of fresh linen met my nose.
      My room stayed clean my house didn't I slept in my room so I made sure to keep it clean. I grabbed a duffle bag and shoved it with clothes. I grabbed my tooth brush my soap ponytails a brush my phone charger my laptop anything that could possibly be of use to me.
      I walked out of my apartment locking the door and throwing the keys in my bag. Next stop was Jacks house.
      I rode peacefully to my blasting music on my motorcycle I loved this bad boy (the motorcycle). My mind began to wonder as I drove.
      What if I had to adopt Arllow? I'd be a terrible parent I can't even keep my house clean. If I had to id have to redo my whole house. I'd have to buy so much and take parenting classes. Speaking of money I have to call in to work and tell them I'll be in later than usual.
   I didn't know much about kids but I did know they wake up a ton so I'm gonna be exhausted. I work as a detective for the department is Seattle.
   I had gotten over residency years ago so I was hired to do something bigger. I'd handled plenty of moments with the law yet each one always surprised me. Which surprised everyone else when I was surprised cuz I was ranked number 1 always. I was the best in Chicago.
   I did make a good amount of money but I chose an apartment to make me seem less like a witty rich bitch. Plus I'm less prone to thief's.
      I stopped outside of a lovely house it had a stair case and flowers on the side it was simple and definitely sent out homey signals. Jacks car was parked outside so he had to be here.
      I got out and knocked on the door the sun was beginning to set. It had to be around 5 Thank goodness I was ready for this horrific day to end and to go to the hospital to my baby. I mean the baby.
     After standing there for what felt like forever I just gently opened the door however I felt off and I hadn't known why.
    So I bent down to my boot and grabbed out my hand gun. It was enough to do damage not kill anyone unless shot multiple times.
     "JACK!"
  No reply my heart began to beat fast I walked in and pointed my gun left and right keeping my senses on high alert.
    "JACK THIS ISN'T FUNNY!"
No reply I walked into the kitchen, nothing. Living room, nothing. Bathroom, nothing.
   The last place was the upstairs so I reluctantly walked up there keeping the gun pointed. I opened the door and walked into the first door on the left which was Arllows nursery.
    Still nothing. I reached the last bedroom which was Jack and Emma's. Since this was the last room I decided to slam the door open. I walked in to the other side of the bed and I seen it.
TRIGGER WARNING!!!
    Jack was on the ground a gun barely gripped in his right hand and a picture of him and Emma in the left. His head had a whole in it from the bullet he was leaned against the dresser that was supporting him.
  I dropped my gun and immediately felt for a pulse. It was not there I laid him down and started performing CPR.
     "Jack please."
  I felt empty it wasn't working I'd done it over and over and over. I looked at the clock above the dresser Jack was on and it read 9:50 I'd been doing it for hours and I hadn't even noticed.
    I was covered in blood the sticky feeling was way to familiar. The smell made me nauseous and before you knew it I turned to the floor and threw up.
    "HELLO!"
I felt numb and couldn't reply to what I assumed was the officer behind me. "Iris?"
     I didn't say anything until an officer pulled me away so the ambulance could take Jack away. The neighbors must of called since I left the door open it was suspicious.
      I screamed I didn't have control over it I just screamed as loud as I could. It was blood curdling and hurt my throat but no pain could compare to the one in my heart.
    I went out of shock finally as the cop brought me downstairs and sat me outside. He looked at me. "I'm sorry Iris I know how much Jack and Emma meant to you but you got to pull yourself together for that baby."
     Teary eyed I looked at James an officer I worked with and wiped my eyes. "I need to get something."
      Without waiting for him to say anything I ran inside and up into Arllows room. I grabbed her diaper bag I threw in anything I could. Clothes diapers formula wipes lotion baby soap baby rash cream pacifiers bottles swaddles anything necessary to her.
Flashback
Nurses pushed us out of the room but before we were all the way out I heard Emma shout. 
"IF ANYTHING HAPPENS TAKE CARE OF MY BABY HER NAME IS ARLOW THEIR IS ALSO A NOTE IN ARLLOWS ROOM UNDER HER BED-"
End of flashback
I looked under Arllows crib and I grabbed a brown journal and shoved it in the bag then ran downstairs.
I looked back at James "your right James I'm all that baby has and I'm gonna make sure to keep her safe."
I dried my eyes picked up my bags and left as my brother had already been taken away. I wasn't ever sure of anything but that baby I'm sure of.
My brother died my "sister" died and I was sure of one thing I had to find Gemma, Clay and Jaxon and tell them about their daughter, sister, niece, and grandchild. Hopefully no one would remember me I want to leave quicker than I came.

    Hey guys chapter 2 out now please vote and enjoy I love you!
    -Kenzie