Chapter 23

Jax pov:
One week earlier:
      "Iris?" I ask in a questioning tone. I was hoping she'd leave this town and never look back. If she left Clay would leave her alone. Of course he'd be pissed but she'd be safe.
      I was starting to care for her which is why I didn't want to see her. Clay thinks it's fake but it's real I care for her. I hate it.
      "You gonna invite me in?"
   Her angelic voice asks. She's so damn hot especially with the badge on her pants. She must of just got done with work.
    I smile a little. "Sorry darlin im just surprised to see you here."
      I step aside and she comes in it's then that I see Tig and Bobby watching. Per Clays orders I supposed. Damn now I really can't push her away. Fuck!
Now:
I take a seat next to Clay at the table where we would discuss our issues.
     Clay began speaking. "Jax here is doing a good job with the girl. Yesterday Stahl came this is the first time I seen her unsure of herself."
      Everyone began laughing and clapping. "Ehh Jackie boy." Chibs claps my back and although I should be happy I'm not I've never felt worse in my life.
     "Alright calm down boys I ain't done just yet. As you know Opie is going to kill Stahl so Jax I need you to get Iris on board to stalling the rest of the team.
    I keep telling myself that I can change I can do better I can be what this club needs but then I remember Clay could kill Iris or he could tell those Mexican bastards that Iris knows and they can kill her.
    So I just nod and keep my mouth closed. I've been doing that since Iris got here.
     "Dismissed."
    Clay hits the table and everyone gets up. And I walk out before anyone can congratulate me on fooling Iris. I wasn't fooling anyone but myself.
Iris pov:
  I pull up to the station I didn't know if what I was doing was right but I just wanted to get the hell out of here. I get out and walk in. Hale and Stahl are talking but the second I walk in they stop.
   "Stahl I need to talk to you."
  She looked tired but still kept up her smart ass act and smiled. "What come to your senses about the club?"
    I ignore her. "Now."
Then I began walking to my office knowing she's following. When she gets in I shut the door and take a seat in front of her.
   "I'm leaving. I could take you to court where they'd strip you of your tittle as an agent. Or you could listen to me."
     She waits for whatever I'm going to say and for once isn't a bitch.
     "You have to play fair. No matter how much you hate them you have to abide by the law. No illegal searches no illegal arrests do everything by the law and only the law. An agent of mine her name is Olivia Rodgers will help you. I will play fair too."
    She nods and smiles. "He hurt you didn't he? I'm not surprised. I would say I told you s-"
      I cut her off immediately. "Thank you" she says standing up and I nod. I start packing my stuff up preparing to leave. I have a headache and I'm exhausted.
    I nod one last time at Stahl before leaving and going to get my baby.
A few tears slide down my cheeks. As I
pull into my driveway I wipe the tears. I'm hurt I thought it was real for him because it was real for me. I've been here six months and this entire six months I've been blindsided. It's my fault though I kept hoping for my Jaxon back.
      I get out and walk inside where all of our bags are packed and ready. I smile at Arllow who sleeps peacefully in her car seat.
     "You ready?"
   Greta smiles and nods. "If it was meant to be you'll find your way back to each other. Always remember that."
    Great walks to me and hugs me and I hug back tightly that's when I lose it. I let down that tough "strong" exterior and cry letting every emotion loose.
     "I want his so badly Greta. I....I love him."
  She hugs tighter as an understanding. "I know hunny... I know."
   It hurts it's like my body is tearing from the inside out. I feel nauseous again and without warning I run to the bathroom and puke.
    Greta pulls my hair up and rubs my back trying to help. I haven't felt pain this bad since I lost Jax.
    I wipe my mouth and take a sip of water that Greta handed me. "The car is here for your things. Are you ready?"
    I nod at Greta and we began carrying my things out to the car. My final time in the house was to get Arllow. I looked at the empty house and the boring couch. Then the kitchen.
Flashback:
   I laugh as Jax tries to stir the sauce on the stove but does it to fast and it splatters on him. "Shit."
    He mumbles. The sauce was just warming up so it wasn't to hot. I smile widely and walk to him with a damp rag.
    "I don't think you are meant for the kitchen."
   I laugh wiping the sauce off his shirt. "That's all right darlin you can teach me."
     I smile and look up at him he's smiling too not smirking smiling. He seems genuinely happy.
      I grab his face and kiss him he smiles through the kiss and so do I.
End of flashback:
  One last glance and I walk out of the door with Arllow in her car seat.
     "Let's get the fuck out of here."
   I say to Greta and she laughs at my sarcastic tone as we both get in the car. Whatever happens next at least I know I have my Arllow.

     Hey guys!!!! This is either going to go really good or really bad. Will Jax and Iris even end up together???! I love you enjoy!
-Kenzie