Chapter 17

Iris pov:
How do you start a story about your life when you've never even said the story aloud to yourself before. I was afraid if I went over all the shit I was put through then i'd do something stupid.
   This was going to happen. There was always going to come a day where I'd have to tell my story. I just didn't expect it to be with Jax all over again. He knew my childhood but he didn't know everything that happened after he left.
    "It's okay Iris you don't have to tell me if you're not ready."
    I looked down at Jax who still had his head in my lap. "No you opened up to me now it's my turn."
   He reached up and kissed me and I let all my worries wash away then and there. Jax had a way of doing that to me taking all the worries I have and washing them away.
    "Well I was born into a life I enjoyed there was a lot of killing involved but my dad stood by my side. He loved and protected me always I was his baby. My brother was loved too but he was treated very differently. I will never understand why. We become alies with a lot of people but still some hated us.
They wanted the power that my father possessed. So we had to train for anything. I always had a dream about being a cop and saving the world. My father only killed for a reason and he was still hated by the authorities.
So I wanted to become a cop who played fair. I wanted to be one of the best. My father loved me but even he laughed at my dream. We were hated by cops so becoming one seemed nearly impossible.
Sadly my father died he paid so much attention to me he didn't expect anything to happen to him. I was eighteen. I was finishing my last year of high school when it happened. I mourned for awhile. I did a lot of bad stuff.
   I also fell deeply in love with a boy when I was a child me and him grew up together and we were madly in love but then he was in a wreck and passed away. Him dying along with my dad broke me. I mourned for awhile. I did a lot of bad stuff.
A year later a man found me. He told me about police buisness. I trained. I became the best. Now here I am. I help people now I'm better than I was."
   I didn't technically lie a part of Jax did die but he won't know that.
Jax smiled up at me "you know you can tell me anything I promise I will always be here for you."
    I sighed and looked at the clock on the tv stand that read 1:04 then I looked back at Jax. "I'm always gonna be here for you too no matter what happens between us."
    I leaned down and kissed him again for the millionth time. Then we got up and walked to my bedroom deciding on sleep.
      We did that whole big spoon little spoon shit. He held me and I was so content I had a feeling he was too everything about this felt so right. Just as it had years ago.

                                  ...2:46am...
    I sat up as a babies cries had filled the room. I immediately went right to the crib to tend to whatever baby was crying so that way the other baby wouldn't wake up. Abel squalled around looking for a bottle I assumed.
     I picked him up and grabbed a diaper and wipes off the changing table in my room then went out into the living room gently shutting the door so I wouldn't wake Jax nor Arllow.
I went to the couch and laid Abel down changing him. He still whined making it a little hard to finish the job but I did.
I picked him up and we went to the kitchen, I threw away the diaper and made a bottle. While I was doing this I decided to sing. Maybe that would calm him a little.
I thought through my head of any songs that would be good but the only one I could think of was my favorite as a kid and something I always sing to Arllow.
"You are my sunshine..."
I began gently singing it as I got the water to the perfect temperature. He started to calm his cries so I looked down to check at him.
He was in my arms starring up at me with wondrous eyes. I smiled and finished the bottle still singing.
I grabbed a burp rag off the counter and a blanket off the couch and walked to the rocking chair in the living room. I sat down and covered Able up then placed a pillow under my arm and a burp rag under his chin.
I put the bottle in his mouth and began rocking. His eyes slowly began closing and I was so tired too.
So I let my eyes shut for a moment. I would let him finish his bottle then we would go back to bed.
"Iris?"
I shot my eyes open and looked at the little girl in-front of me. It was Ellie she had tear stained cheeks. I instantly got concerned.
"Yes baby?"
She went and sat on the couch as I began burping Abel. "I know something's wrong. Please just tell me I can handle it."
I looked at the sweet little girl in-front of me knowing damn well she was robbed of her mom who had also been holding her like I was Abel.
"I can't Ellie I wish I could but your dad has to do that."
She started crying some more as if I had just told her what happened. She was sobbing. So I did the only thing I knew how to do. I laid Abel in the swing and went and walked over to Ellie and held her.
It took a minute but finally she held me back. "I know she's dead...my mom I know it...my mom wouldn't ever leave us this long she's always the one worried not dad."
I rubbed her back not saying anything just simply holding her as she sobbed. "I want my mommy."
A few tears slid from my cheeks as I had remembered when my father died how heart broken I was.
"I kn-....I know."
I grabbed the blanket and wrapped it around both of us and I let her lay her head in my lap. I wanted her to try and sleep. She was probably exhausted wondering every night when her mom would be back only to realize that it was never going to happen.
I rubbed her head and let her calm down she still sobbed every now and then but for the most part it was calming down.
Opie needs to see his kids now. They need him more than anything. I understand he was hurting because he lost his wife so apart of his family was gone but he still had two great kids waiting for him.
I laid my head back sighing. I was exhausted but I would suck it up. Ellie, Kenny, Abel, Arllow, Jax, and even the club needs me right now.
So I fought sleep waiting for Ellie to sleep first. She was more important than my sleep right now anyways.

Hey guys!!!! I know it's been a little bit but I've been a little busy. I updated finally though 👏 I hope you enjoyed it! Please vote and comment if you have any questions or ideas I will try to get back to you on it! I love you guys!
Xoxo-Kenzie