Chapter 10

Iris pov :)
Jax texted me saying that he picked up Able and that before we went to the party he needed to take a shower at my place if I didn't mind.
  It didn't bother me one bit but I didn't understand why a shower was so important. I was in a skin tight black dress that went to my knees. I had my heels on and a gun strapped around my leg just in case.
     Greta went home an hour ago so I just sat on the couch talking to my daughter. "Hey."
    I jumped just about to grab my gun but I looked up and seen Jax holding a car seat and blood all over his face.
    I quickly laid Arllow down in her swing and grabbed the baby from Jax. "What happened?"
   I took the baby out of the car seat and smiled at him he was so precious. He had Jax's nose and lips. He was handsome and tiny. It gave me déjà vu from my own baby.
    I went ahead and put Abel in the bassinet I had for Arllow in the living room. Then I walked over to Jax who had still not answered.
    "Jax talk to me what happened? Is that your blood? I swear whoever did this is gonna pay I will kill them myse-."
     He stopped me and hugged me something I felt like he needed. So I hugged him back. Tightly letting him relax into me.
    He pulled away and looked into my eyes. His eyes were beautiful but that's not what I paid attention to most.
    What caught my attention was his tears that he violently wiped away. "I had to kill someone's family as a threat for not getting our money on time. There was a baby she looked like Arllow she cried. I hadn't known there was a baby. She was killed too. It had to be done."
   My heart was first broken seen Jax cry but then hearing he killed a baby broke my heart even more. Since me and Jax were kids we've always believed in doing what was right and that killing is a nature that only the smart should be in control of. No death should be done without a good reason. And no babies life should ever be taken.
    I looked up at him taken back. He admitted to a murder I'm a cop what do I do. If I hide this then I could potentially lose my job. But if I call the cops now then I could hurt a lot of people including myself.
     "Why?" Is all I could manage to say.
He looked up teary eyed. "A guy bought some guns from Clay and said he'd pay the rest in a week. A week passed and it wasn't there we gave him one more week and warned him. He didn't listen. So Clay had me go with Tig and Happy to kill them. I don't usually care about it but that baby she was like Arllow."
    I just stood there looking at my Arllow. She slept peacefully. Then I looked at Abel he also slept peacefully. They were both brought into a world of murder and they had nothing to do with it. They where innocent.
    "If it had been the other way around and your baby was killed what would of happened Jax?"
    He looked up at me this time his eyes puffy and he looked upset at my question. "I would of murdered the bastard who did it then his entire blood line."
    I looked up at him expecting that answer. "Why? It was just a baby you could create more of those right?"
     He closed his eyes and took a breath then looked back at me. "No my son is irreplaceable and innocent. If anyone should of been killed it should of been the man who did the wrong."
   I looked up at the blood all on him and grabbed his hand. "Exactly you killed an innocent baby she didn't ask to be born into this. Next time think about your actions. I try to protect you because I understand what it's like having to murder for protection but that was not okay Jaxon that was monstrous. I don't like Clay and I know damn good and well he only did it for the money. You didn't have to though. You could be the good change that the club needs Jax's you could save Samcrow."
  He always had the hope that one day he would save Sam crow and take over now Sam crow is overtaken him.
He looked up at me with regret and a soft smile. I kissed his forhead and led him to the bathroom.
"The towels are under the sink and the rags are next to the towels. I have my brothers sweat pants and a t shirt that you can wear on the counter."
He nodded and I shut the door going out to the babies. They looked so precious I smiled.
It wasn't long after my admiration of them that Abel began crying. So I went over and picked him up and he settled into my arms.
"Hey buddy."
His eyes opened and he smiled and cooed. I kissed his nose. "Let's get you a bottle."
I went over to the diaper bag on the ground and grabbed his formula and noticed there was no bottle. So I just gave him one of Arllows.
I warmed up the bottle and shook it. Then I grabbed a burp cloth and a bib and walked to the rocking chair.
I clipped the bib on and put the burp rag on my shoulder and began feeding him. I watched his little gulps as he tried to take in as much milk as possible.
His hand gripped onto my finger and melted my heart. He was tiny but pretty close to Arllows size.
I let him finish his bottle and flipped him on my shoulder to burp him. He fell asleep so I went ahead and buckled him in his car seat.
Then I woke up my baby and gently rocked her back to sleep so that I could put her in her car seat without her screaming.
   I managed to buckle her up and keep her asleep when both babies where in there seats I went to check on Jax.
    I knocked a few times and the door opened. Jax came out dressed in my brothers clothes and his jacket over the shirt. His hair was wet and he looked hot. Oh my he looked fucking gorgeous.
     "Are you - uhm are you ready?"
   He smirked and leaned into my ear "you know we could cancel the party. I'd prefer to stay here with you then out there with some whore."
  Compliment of insult I'm still thinking about that.
    Either way my checks became fire I tightened my legs to keep me from doing anything. "Ja-Jax we have to go everyone is waiting on us. Get one of the babies and I will get the other."
      I leaned in and kissed his cheek then walked over to the living room.
     I grabbed Abel's car seat and his diaper bag. Jax grabbed Arllow and her diaper bag. I locked my door and we got all settled in the car.
   By the time I had sat down and we were pulling out I was weary that tonight was gonna be difficult to withstand.
    Then Jax put his hand on my thigh and when I looked up and seen him smirking I knew exactly what he was doing. I was 100 percent sure now that tonight was definitely going to be difficult.

Please enjoy and vote I love you!
-Kenzie 🫶