Chapter 7

Iris Pov:
I sat up gasping for air. It was a night mare I sighed and wiped the sweat off of my head. I turned to Arllows bed.
She wasn't there. Afraid I'd relive the nightmare I jumped up and ran to the kitchen.
Greta was sitting my food on the counter and Arllow was sound asleep in her swing. "Morning honey how did you sleep?"
I let a huge breath of air escape my mouth and walked over sitting down to eat. "It was good I guess. Hey did you happen to see j-."
She brought my coffee over "if you're talking about that boy yes I did. He said he had business to get to and he laid you down in your bed that way you'd be comfortable for work. He also said something about dressing you and that he left his number on a piece of paper by your bed side table."
I took a big gulp of coffee and smiled at Greta. "Thank you I wouldn't know where I'd be without you sometimes."
She smiled and I began eating quickly. When I was done I ran straight to my room and immediately grabbed the note off my bedside table.
I've got to focus on my baby. But I had the best night last night he was perfect. What if this thing of ours becomes real? Maybe he can have new memories of me. It won't ever be the same though. I shut down all my thought and wadded the paper up, throwing it in the trash.
Sorry Jaxon but I have to keep my heart safe. I went to my bathroom and started the shower.
    I tried to be quick and I was it took twenty minutes for me to take my shower get dressed put on some make up and my shoes.
    I walked out of my room and found Greta on the couch watching a movie and feeding Arllow.
   I kissed Arllows head and said goodbye to Greta then got in my car and left for work.
My phone rang and I answered it on the steering wheel speaker button. "Agent, good morning I trust they have been treating you well down there."
This was my assistant and body guard he made sure I was taken care of he'd die before he'd ever let me die. And right now he was doing the boss work that I would usually do in Seattle.
   "Hey Vaughn, you're wrong I hate it here the system was practically thrown out of the window here. Yesterday we did an illegal rade and if I hadn't of stopped it, it could of completely ruined my career." I would love to tell Vaughn that I found Jax but I couldn't not after I worked so hard to get myself and my boys back to being us without him.
      Vaughn sighed "yeah I know that's why you're there to do your job. Pretend to work with them but really you're just trying to take down there judicial system."
     I made a left turn into McDonald's to get me a large iced coffee. "Yeah you're right but I also need to look into the club down here. The detectives down here hate it and I can't figure out a reason why. Maybe do some background checks for me?"
   "Of course boss just be careful. You've got a baby to think about too."
     I smiled at his thoughtfulness he gets paid to keep me safe but sometimes I think he really does care.
    "Of course Vaughn is business down there okay?"
     I muted my self and ordered my coffee.
  "Well we took down a drug house last night twelve people are facing seventeen years and some even life in prison. Thanks to the notes you left behind I was able to finish the tracking and I found them."
    I smiled and paid then unmuted myself. "I figured you'd figure it out you've always been pretty smart."
    He chuckled "thank you, I will get back to you on the background checks don't forget Greta Knowles is a spy and can also pick up on any little thing she senses off."
      I had kind of forgotten about Greta's status she looks early thirties and harmless. It's an act I promise she's killed more people than I can count, not for fun but for protection. When Vaughn brought her to me and she beat our well trained fighter I knew she was perfect.
    She wasn't just a protector but she was a spy she used to work in Russia which is why she has an accent.
     She moved here when her dad died she was just nineteen. She evolved and fit in and now she keeps me and my baby safe.  
    "Yes you're right Vaughn but I need my baby to have a whole persons attention if anything happens to her-"
    He cut me off and I grabbed my coffee out of the lady's hand driving to work.
     "It won't. It's my job to keep you and that baby safe and I will do everything in my power to make sure the contract is held up."
    "Indeed you will Vaughn that's why my father hired yours because your family has always been wise and loyal. I'm grateful for you and your service."
     My life is a lot to explain my father had a lot of enemies. I inherited those enemies and he was afraid something would happen to me.
    So he made his best friend sign a contract to protect me. If his best friend died the next male in line takes his place. They would get a fair amount of money which is why they wanted the job.
   My father was so worried about me I was his prize, I was the greatest thing to ever happen to him. I was a twin but he favored me the most and I never knew of my mom just that she was Mexican and me and my brother had to learn it.
    So since I was the only female in his life I got the world. My brother however had to help build the world for me.
  I wish it had been differently. Jack would of probably turned out differently and probably for the better.
   My fathers concern for me and only me was so great that he didn't see the war on him coming. He died and along with it was his best friend, my protector.
     So my father's best friends son became my protector. The contract lived on.
     "Thank you very much boss. I will get back to you on your questions. Have a good day, be safe, and kick some ass."
     I laughed and the line went dead.
  I was here, at work. I rolled my eyes involuntarily and got out of the car.
      Here we go.

    Hey guys I'm trying to do my best at updating I've had a lot of shit going on but it won't stop me from trying my hardest to get it done. I hope you enjoyed please vote and I haven't been able to update and fix any mistakes so if there is one I apologize. I love you!!!!
     -Kenzie