Chapter 33

Iris pov:
  Jax asked me to do one thing before Opie went to jail and I agreed.
    I watch from a distance with Elijah as Opie points a gun to Stahls head. It had been an hour talking to Opie about all the shit that had went down before he agreed to the plan.
   Flashback:
"You come out of nowhere, you tell me Jax is going to jail and I'm going with him, you show up pregnant with another man, and you tell me you will keep a look out while I kill Stahl. What about my fucking kids. You're telling me to much. I can't go to jail."
    I watch as Opie stresses out and since I walked in here I haven't let go of Elijah's hand. Mainly for my comfort I'm freaking the fuck out.
    All that's happened today who wouldn't freak the fuck out.
    "Listen I know you're scared and I'm here like you said out of the blue but there's so much more to it. You helped Jax kill that family you're as guilty as he is. I'm offering you revenge and as for your kids call their other family they'll take them."
   I watch as Opie stressed out and looks at the wall.
   "Dad tell Kenny to get out of my room."
  Ellie tells Opie as Kenny follows. Both of them quite when they see me.
    "Iris? Why are you here?"
   I smile up at them and finally let Elijah's hand go. "I'm talking to your dad about something very important."    
    Kenny looks at Opie with a certain fear in his eyes. "Both of you go to the room please. Kenny stay in your room."
    Ellie hesitated but Kenny pulls her back and both of them go to their rooms.
    "They ain't got no one else Iris Donnas mom can't take them she's to old and me and Lyla broke up not that she'd ever take them in the first place I mean I wouldn't expect her to. They'll go to foster care with Abel."
     I look at Elijah and he gives a smile letting me know he knew what I was thinking and if it where for the best then so be it.
     "Let me talk to Elijah."
   I pull Elijah to the corner of the room so Opie couldn't hear us as long as we where whispering.
   "I don't know if I can have four kids do you know how hard that will be plus I have one on the way."
    I watch as Elijah thinks through what he's about to say before saying it. "I will help you every step of the way not just me but all of the boys if you don't want to you don't have to but don't ever feel like you're doing it alone."
   I smiled at him what he said warmed my heart it gave me all the courage I needed. I nodded and walked back out.
     "I'll take them Op there is a good school down there and I will make sure to keep them safe till you get out."  
   Opie waits in silence for what seems like his whole prison sentence. Before finally speaking up.
      "Please keep them safe and don't ever let them forget I love them."
     I go and hug him as he cries making me cry but I'm blaming it on the pregnancy. 
     "I will I promise."
    End of flashback:
     I don't like having to do this but Stahl killed Donna and Opie was going to jail anyway.
       "What if the rest of the club finds out Iris then we'll have to deal with them. Aren't you a little bit concerned."
   I look at Elijah. "No I've been very quiet in town the boys have headed back home. Abel, Kenny and Ellie are being transferred to the foster system close to home so I can foster them there. After this we leave. And you don't have to call me Iris anymore you can call me Isabelle that's who I am and always will be."   
    I see a smile make its way to his face and before anything can happen we hear a gun shit signaling for us to go.
    We both get out of the car as Opie steps out. I hand the hand cuffs to Elijah to arrest Opie as I grab the gas can and lighter.
    Elijah arrests Opie and takes him to the car while I throw gasoline on top of a now dead Stahl and light the car on fire. I take off running and jump in the car and Elijah drives away with Opie in the back.
   We hear a loud boom noise and I feel a sudden sense of relief. Finally everything with her was over.  Suddenly though I feel guilty.
     I feel so guilty I force Elijah to stop the car so I can throw up on the side of the road.
    When I get back in I try not to think about in but instead everything else. Like mine and Elijah's kiss. We were pretty far from Charming due to having to find a good place for Stahl.
   So we had awhile to go. All the time in the world to think about Elijah.
      I wanted him but I couldn't tell if that was my hormones or something else so it was best I stayed away. For me and my kids sake too I had gotten over Jax awhile ago because I needed to. I didn't want a man but right now I sure as hell felt like I needed one.
      "So where do you live now?" Opie asks breaking the silence.
     "We're in North Caroline."
I lie straight to his face for the safety of my baby, my daughter, of Abel, Kenny and Ellie. I don't want Gemma to come looking for them and I don't want to hurt myself either.
Elijah glimpses at me knowingly and looks back at the road. Again Opie speaks. "Does Jax know about the baby?"
"Yes. I told him before I left." Not feeling satisfied with asking questions he goes to ask more.
"How far along are you?"
I twirl the ring around my finger and begin speaking. "Six months i will be seven in April and I will deliver my baby in June."
I see him nod from the mirror and he looks as though he's about to ask another question so before he can say anything I beat him to it.
"I suppose you want to know everything else to."
I don't need him to say anything to know that he does in deed want to know. The long ride ahead gives me all the time in the world to talk to him.

HEYY GUYSSS. Another chapter that's been in my drafts. I've been trying to edit some old chapters so that way this book is really good. Soon school will be out and I will be able to edit a lot.
Xoxo-Kenzie ❤️