Chapter 15

Jax pov:
I took another swig of this alcohol we all called whiskey. It was my favorite plus it really got the job done. Opie sat next to drinking vodka he was drunk I was tipsy. I didn't want to get drunk because Opie needs someone to watch out for him but getting tipsy I wouldn't mind.
I downed the last of it and turned to Opie "you've got to get home so you can take a shower and sleep. Your kids need you Ope."
He drunkenly shook his head "I won't sleep until I find out who did this."
I couldn't blame him. Donna was his world I always wanted a love like theirs. A love the consumes you. I'm the bad guy though and the bad guy never gets the girl in the end.
Iris just thinks she does but once she realizes my life she'll run. I wish Clay didn't have to do this shit I don't want to hurt Iris but I'm the bad guy it's what bad guys do. If I let my guard down for even just a minute I'd be taken advantage of. Wendy proved that. She was my first and last love that I remember and I will be damned if I go through that shit again.
"Opie, Iris is doing everything she can. She's been working her ass for you and Donna. Just go home to your kids man."
He grabbed another glass from the waiter and gulped it down. I've seen Opie drink before but never like this. What he was doing now was concerning.
My phone began to ring and I immediately answered it seeing that it was Iris.
"Jax where are you?"
"I'm at the bar with Opie."
There was a long pause before I heard anything again.
"Oh no please tell me you ain't drunk. I need you right now and you can't fully be there if you're drunk."
Her concern was obvious in her voice that meant something to me. I needed to get to her right now I was also concerned the second she said I need you my heart sped up.
"No darlin I'm not drunk. Are you okay? Im getting Opie home now."
      "Yes I've just dealt with some shit. I did something Jax. I realized now that we need to talk."
      "Okay I will be at your house as soon as possible." 
     The phone line went dead and I put my phone back into my pocket. "Come on Opie let's get you home."
    I threw the money on the counter and helped Opie up. He drunkenly followed me to the car. Usually we would ride our bikes but I expected Opie to be to drunk to.
   I drove quickly to Opies house the entire drive we sat in silence. I was left alone with my thoughts. If Iris wanted to start being open with me should I tell her about Clay. Should I tell her all of this was fake that I wasn't actually falling for her.
    That wasn't true though I was falling for her and I swore I wouldn't but I am. It's tearing me apart she's been here for a week and a half and I'm already crazy about her. I feel like I've known her forever but yet I haven't.
     What the fuck is that woman doing to me?
  I pulled up to Opies house and helped him to his bed he was half asleep anyways.
     He laid down and I put a glass of water on his bed side table and two aspirin for the headache in the morning.
     "I love you brother I'm sorry whoever did this to Donna will pay."
     He was asleep and I know he couldn't hear me but it gave me comfort hoping he could. I walked out and my eyes met with the pictures on the walls.
   The ones of Opie holding Donna on their wedding day. Then the one next to it of Donna pregnant and Kenny kissing her stomach while Opie kisses her cheek. The pictures went on and there wasn't a single moment where Opie wasn't happy.
    He loved her. Damn it. This is my fault. He didn't want to do this club shit. He didn't want to use guns or deal drugs he just wanted to stay with Donna. Samcrow has fallen down.
    I kissed my finger and touched it to Donnas face on the picture. "Goodbye rest easy."
     I walked out and drove as quickly as possible to Irises house.
As soon as I got there I opened the door and the first thing I heard was singing. Beautiful gorgeous singing. It was you are my sunshine but it was gorgeous. Something I would want to come home to every day.
Flashback:
"Sing to me."
I say to someone who I can't see their face is blurry but they're there.
"No you weirdo."
She giggles and I smile brushing her hair behind her ear. "Your voice is beautiful baby please sing to me. I am sick after all and it's you who got me sick."
She rolls her eyes with a smile on her face. "It was you who wanted to kiss me even though I told you I was sick."
"How could I not kiss those gorgeous lips."
She leans in and kisses me and I feel whole I feel real. This was someone I deeply cared about. Someone id die for.
"Alright I'll sing but only because I love you."
End of flashback:
I stood there taken back. Did I forget her after the wreck. In that flashback she seemed so important.
Deciding to ignore it I walk in and follow the singing. There was no one in the living room so I walked to Irises bedroom.
She was looking down at a old fashioned crib rocking it. I assumed the babies were in there.
I walked up behind her and she jumped. I kissed her forehead and she calmed, finishing up the song as the babies fell to sleep she turned to me and kissed me.
I kissed her back feeling the warmth as my heart fluttered. I felt home one time when Emma was here I felt safe and secure. Emma was my home.
Now here I am feeling home in Iris. I fought that voice in my head saying to leave and watch out.
Iris opened her beautiful green eyes and looked up at me with a smile on her face. "This is definitely the best part of my day."
I smiled up at her "I agree."
"I probably look like shit I'm still in the same dress and I-."
"You look gorgeous nothing changed you're still perfect."
She shook her head smiling up at me once more. I couldn't tell her that this was Clays plan but it wasn't either I kissed her because I wanted to I came behind her because I wanted to I did it for me not for Clay.
Fuck I'm falling.
"I need to shower and then we can talk. Ellie and Kenny should be asleep by now. Greta said Gemma brought over some clothes and stayed and visited for a bit."
I shook my head. I gave Gemma the address to come and help. Thankfully she did.
"Would you like to join me?"
I smirked up at her and we walked hand in hand into the bathroom gently closing the door. I looked down at her. She was beautiful.
Whatever happens next I hope things work out with us. Or maybe this is stupid. I don't care anymore it's time I let go.

Hey guys. I'm sorry about their relationship being early into the story. They ain't dating yet and obviously there will be ups and downs between the two. The next chapter will be them talking. Maybe truths get revealed maybe they don't 🤷‍♀️ I guess you will have to read to find out 😉 I LOVE YOU!!
-Kenzie