5 - See you again

'Hi' -thoughts

——— ♡ ———

3rd POV :

•TIME SKIP (After 3 years)•

A beautiful 19 year old woman can be seen laying down on a sun lounger at the Red Force's deck in her maroon ribbed tank top and khaki denim shorts.

She admires a hair stick that was given to her by a certain someone she grew quite fond of.

The golden hair stick was 9 inches long, it had a midnight blue coloured crescent moon with silver flowers surrounding it. Lastly, it has a white dangling lotus ornament with gold outlines inside of a thick transparent glass orb. Below, it has a small jingle bell and a red tassel attached at the end.

"Do you like it? It was quite expensive."

"It's beautiful! Thank you, Capt." Both Xuri and Shanks gave a heartwarming smile to each other. Xuri tries to tie half of her hair up with the hair stick but is having a hard time doing so.

"Why won't it-!" As Xuri was about to finish her sentence, she suddenly went quiet from Shanks' actions.

He takes the hair stick from her hand and ties up her hair for her, he focuses intently as he adjusts the hair stick on her hair.

"Done!" Shanks grins.

"When did you learn that?" Xuri asked, surprised.

"Self taught, you know? I'm pretty good at it, don't you think?" He raises his chin up and smirks. 'Thank you old lady for teaching me how to do this, I've successfully impressed her.'

"It's alright, I guess but anyways, thanks!" Xuri says. Shanks was about to sulk until she turned around, showing a warm smile.

A faint pink hue made its way to Shanks cheeks,

"You're so beau-"

"YOU'RE SO BEAUTIFUL XURI!"

"Right! You look gorgeous!"

Lucky Roux and Yasopp commented as they came out from the kitchen, followed by the other crew members saying the same thing. Xuri's face flushed, thanking them while also denying it at the same time.

As you guessed it, Shanks sulked in the corner of the room while rocking back and forth. Lucky Roux and Yasopp snickers, while looking at their captain.

• The Next day •

Xuri's POV:

I tried walking properly but someone was stopping me from doing so.

"DON'T GOOO!!!! STAY WITH ME- I MEAN US! XURI!!!" Shanks held my ankle as I try to walk to the ship deck.

"LET GO!!"

"NO! NEVER!"

"BENN!"

Instantly, Benn appeared and sighed before grabbing Shanks by the back of his collar and dragging him away.

I stand on the edge of the deck before calling everyone's attention.

"It's been 3 years. But those 3 years of my life were one of the best years I've had in my entire life. I'm leaving now because I realised that I can explore the seas by myself from now on!" Xuri grins before continuing,

"Thank you, everyone for taking care of me! This is goodbye for now... I'll definitely see you guys again someday. I'll miss you guys!"

The crew started to cry, "WE'LL MISS YOU TOO!!" they all said in unison.

"TAKE CARE!!!"

"NOOO!! STAY WITH US!"

"SEE YOU!!"

"WAHHHH!! XURI!"

The crew exclaimed. I gave them a closed-eye smile before looking down at Shanks and jumped down on the deck.

"And Shanks...I can't thank you enough for letting me stay on this crew." I took a step in the air, to lift me up a bit so that I could reach his eye level.

I gave him a quick peck on the cheek but before I got back onto the edge of the deck, I was pulled by my wrist as I collided with someone's chest.

Shanks rested his chin on top of my head with his arm around my waist, hugging me tightly. I gave in and reciprocated the hug.

"This feels nice." I admitted. Shanks chuckles, breaking the hug.

"Alright! You should go now. Take care and be safe please. I will definitely miss you.." He said, smiling. I nod and jump on the ship deck.

I fixed the strap of my bag on my shoulder, waving at the crew. I jumped off and landed on a small boat that I made.

"WHEN DID SHE MAKE THAT???" they all yelled in unison.

I waved goodbye at them, ignoring how they bawled their eyes out as my boat drifted away until I couldn't see them anymore.

"Alright! Now... where to go?" I said looking at my log pose

——— ♡ ———