17 - Why...?

——— ♡ ———

3rd POV:

“There are certainly a few people still alive today who took something away from what Roger said that day…” Rayleigh looks at Luffy as he continues, “Shanks, the man you know so well, was one of them”

“Hm? Old man, you know shanks?”

“If we’re talking East Blue, then you guys must know a pirate named Buggy, right? Both of them apprenticed on our ship.”

“EHHHH!?!?? SHANKS WAS ON THE PIRATE KING’S SHIP!?!??” Luffy was shocked as he spat out food.

“Do you have trouble hearing?” Rayleigh asked.

“Luffy! Don’t do that! Wait...you didn’t know? I thought Shanks told you.” Xuri sat on the bar stool and crossed her legs.

“YOU KNEW TOO!?!!?” Luffy shouted as he spits the food all over the place. He quickly shut his mouth, seeing Xuri’s fist raised up.

“Xuri! You-you know an Emperor!?” Nami immediately looked at her for an answer.

“You didn’t know? I thought it was mentioned somewhere on my old wanted posters…oh well…Yeah! I was part of the Red Hair Pirates for 3 years but I already left...erm...7 years ago!” Xuri said with a smile.

“You can say that Xuri and Red-hair have a love-hate relationship. They act like an old married couple.” Hoshiko added, covering her mouth which made her laugh muffled. While Shakky and Rayleigh laughed, agreeing with Hoshiko.

“EHHHH!?!!?” Nami, Chopper, Franky, Pappag, Camie and Hatchan exclaimed in shock while Sanji exclaimed in horror.

Xuri grumbled in her seat before drinking the tea Shakky made for her as Rayleigh continued,

“About 10 years ago, I ran into him and Xuri on this island. He was missing his trademark straw hat…and an arm… when I asked him what happened, he smiled and started talking about you…!”

“It’s time for us to leave, I don’t want my crew mates having to wait for me that long. This is goodbye for now, everyone! Get better Hacchan! Don’t you dare make those faces, Luffy! Chopper! ” Xuri and Hoshiko bid their farewells and exited the bar

“I feel like we’ll be bumping into them more.” Hoshiko said with a smile.

“Definitely.” Xuri replied.

Xuri and Hoshiko were back on the White Phantom as the others greeted them yet something was off about them. Xuri shrugged off the situation and they soon set sail towards one of the islands under the Moon Raider’s protection.

The rest of the crew except Hoshiko still acted weird as if they were hiding something. Some of them couldn’t even look Xuri straight in the eye.

“Okay, What’s going on? It seems like you guys are hiding something from me.” Xuri said, sitting on a comfy chair on the deck.

“It’s—it’s—I don’t think you would want to know. It’s some unfortunate news…” Alcirah said, avoiding her gaze.